Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Did you check out the game day thread? I read it on the way back. My goodness.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Read it the day after and if I didn't know better there are times that it sounds like we were down 2 scores.

Rewatched the game when we got back from Texas; a few thoughts:
    -Some of those drops by the JMU WR/RBs were massive.
    -I didn't realize at the time just how big the field position disparity was nearly the entire game; makes what the defense did even more impressive.
    -The difference in the game was 1a) Stick playing cleaner than Schor, and 1b) the play of our DL, particularly our DE's. Just destroyed their tackles all game, including All-American Stinnie. Those two facets made up for our special teams.
    -Jabril Cox: thank you so much for deciding to come to NDSU. What is this dude gonna look like in a few years?
    -JMU defense was damn fast at every position. They lose a lot of talent, but who else in the division is even close to these two teams?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    My question is who will be the next team in the MVFC conference to step up? I think SDSU's run is done and they will fall back to being a fringe PO team again (Yes, know TC is back, but think his receivers made him better than he is). USD is cooked without their all world QB. Youngstown? Illinois St?

Reason I am asking is I think any other challenger to the Bison will likely be from our own conference since I have zero faith in the Big Fluffy or CAA anymore.
    One of the dumbest posts I've seen. I agree the big fluffy hasn't done much in the playoffs but to say the caa isn't a threat with jmu is ridiculous. They beat us last year and went toe to to toe with us this year, a couple plays either way and either team wins. They are by far the best team not named ndsu right now and I don't think it is close. Would be interesting to see how they do in the mvfc but I don't see them losing more than 2 games. There is a real good chance both of us will make the championship game next year.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Maryland hires JMU coach

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news...ed-to-maryland

Also will coach OL for the Terrapins
    Opened the link expecting to find Houston was gone. Oh well.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Did you check out the game day thread? I read it on the way back. My goodness.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I haven't. And won't. Those threads are the worst.
    That GD thread nearly qualifies for the hall of shame. The degree of complaining about the game that wins a national championship was ridiculous.

Just logging on to say congrats and great game. Couldn’t have asked for a better showing for FCS.

Had a blast meeting several Bizon fans and every one seemed to enjoy meeting JMU folks.

Shoutout to the guy who gave my whole fam Dutch Destroyer wrist bands Sunday morning after finding out I’m an Eagles fan.

Here’s hoping we get the rubber match in Frisco next year!

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    That GD thread nearly qualifies for the hall of shame. The degree of complaining about the game that wins a national championship was ridiculous.
    All the game day threads are like that. I don't even read them anymore. IF you want to learn about football pretty much believe the opposite of what the game day threads suggest

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    All the game day threads are like that. I don't even read them anymore. IF you want to learn about football pretty much believe the opposite of what the game day threads suggest
    Yeah, I mean the special teams were good, the offense was clicking all game, Klineman's clock management at the end of the half was perfect, no one saw that fake punt coming....I mean what was there to complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Yeah, I mean the special teams were good, the offense was clicking all game, Klineman's clock management at the end of the half was perfect, no one saw that fake punt coming....I mean what was there to complain about?
    Yeah and the Oline looks like freshmen and Stick cant read a field and not sure why all the hype on CW and...Well, I don't need to say too much the dumpster fire is out there for all to read. Ever game has issue, but the stupidity and lack of general FB knowledge that our game day threads expose year after years is shocking. Look if u like reading/ partaking in it go for it. Like I said and several others through the seasons have said…. I/we don’t read them anymore (At least try not to most times you cant help but fall into the trap). Me personally I stopped when all of couch jockeys were talking about how CW is not a pro prospect. That still makes me LOL!

I get it people posting when emotional tend to over exaggerate their point... no harm no foul....it just makes for shitty reading after all the emotions of the game are gone... at least IMPO

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Any time a play went just slightly awry, the same dozen individuals would waste five to ten pages of Chicken Little statements.

If something awesome happened, maybe one or two people would post a nice comment.

At least 90% of that thread was pure vitriol.

Winning a Championship isn’t easy and most plays aren’t meant to score TDs. In fact, a lot of those offensive plays that only gain a few yards are nothing but body blows to weaken the defense.

Hail the BISON!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Our inability by coaches to fix recurrent special teams mistakes is obscene. Huge problem not having a punter who can flip the field. Kicker consistently kicking low into the line. Special teams coach/recruiter...... changes needed.......
    In all fairness to the punters, it was not an ideal kicking weather. It was a windy day if you were there or looked at the flags standing straight out. Above the stadium kicking into the wind, the kick would get knocked down making for a short punt. It was like the ball kicked high hit a wall. Noticed the JMU kicker kept kicking the ball low below stadium height to minimize the effects of the wind.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!