Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    his right knee is down, that photo doesn't show anything.

fuuuumbbblleeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Congrats to a great team. Full of heart. Nothing got in their way. NEVER had we had that many injuries to that many critical pieces. Losing our Left Tackle 15 plays into the year. Our STAR DE prior to the year. Losing all the running backs. Three starting LB's lost a lot of time or their season. Corners went down. Not just injuries, MAJOR injuries. We reload. Recruiting is the key. This staff has killed it. Some schools complain about adversity. We thrived on it. This ring is special. We have never had to overcome so much! WELL DONE BISON NATION!!!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    And most importantly I don't really care what JMU fans think. We have all been on the other side of "What IF" and the minute the game is over, ITS OVER! NDSU BISON 2018' FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! I recall a JMU beat writer last week noting that in the past six years only two teams have claimed FCS dominance, NDSU and JMU. Seriously, JMU was putting themselves in the old "Only two dominant teams in the past six year" Category, One title and Dynasty comparisons???? That was LAME!
    But NDSU and JMU have combined for the last 7 titles!!!!!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    And most importantly I don't really care what JMU fans think. We have all been on the other side of "What IF" and the minute the game is over, ITS OVER! NDSU BISON 2018' FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! I recall a JMU beat writer last week noting that in the past six years only two teams have claimed FCS dominance, NDSU and JMU. Seriously, JMU was putting themselves in the old "Only two dominant teams in the past six year" Category, One title and Dynasty comparisons???? That was LAME!
    Go back two years and something similar could be said about NDSU and EWU... think about that one for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    I thought it was more like 10 yards. Not aware of a rule.
    +17 99.999999% of the time. You can do the math.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In my opinion, either that play was a fumble or an incomplete pass as it was fairly clear the WR didn't maintain possession of the ball to the ground. I'm not sure the technical phrase for it and I'll let IndyBison explain it better if he wants, but I don’t believe that play gets called a catch. Well, at least, by NFL rules where catches are not catches anymore.
    That was definitely an incomplete pass. The only guy who probably sees it to rule on it though is the H who was on the LOS on the near side. From his angle though he likely can't see through the receiver to see the ball hit the ground. The S is the deep wing on that side, and he may have had a receiver running at him and maybe picked up the short throw too late. He MAY be able to see it. The U will pivot on low passes over the middle to help on catch/no catch, but doesn't always do it on passes like that in the flats. The R has to stay with the QB through the action after the throw so he has no idea although he would have had the best view. So the S and U MAY be able to see that.

I was surprised replay didn't get involved though. I'm guessing they didn't get the view we got on TV fast enough. If they have a play they suspect needs to be reviewed but they haven't had enough views to make sure they will shut it down. Until they showed the QB signaling incomplete the thought the pass was dropped never crossed my mind. From what I'm told the replay booth is frenzied after every play so they may have been trying to get different angles but if they have multiple options they may have seen others before this one was shown to them. It's also entirely possible the IR system wasn't firing right. It was the first play of the game. If IR was working (and that includes the buzzing down to the field and the crew responding to it) I have to think their radar wasn't up the pass may have been dropped and they obviously didn't see the view we did on TV. I'm willing to bet the replay official got a pretty big downgrade on that one. The H probably did too but his is somewhat understandable due to the angle.

I'll also add the illegal block below the waist against the Bison in the 3rd quarter was probably a downgrade. There was little or no contact. He tried to commit a foul but whiffed. That was as big an impact or bigger than the missed incomplete pass because the Bison lost 15 yards on the play.

The two mostly discussed plays (TD and fumble) that were reviewed and stood were very tight. I bet replay lets either call stand if the other had been ruled. As I've said before some calls aren't right or wrong. They are just calls. The fact the Bison benefitted on both definitely gives JMU fans reason to whine. Neither was a HORRIBLE call though.

I noticed several plays where defenders ended up on the ground that I would like to see again to see if there was a potential hold. I thought the crew did a good job overall so I'm guessing the potential holds were probably good no calls.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    When was this hit on Grimsley? Or what quarter if nothing else? I don't remember them showing it on the TV production but want to look for it when I watch again. Thanks!
    During the fake punt...it looked like Grimsley was the only guy that realized what was happening...was pursuing but a big dude turned his head and caught Robbie good. Tough to see on TV, but in person it was nasty. Happened right in front of us (1st row, behind the Bison bench) as did the big hit on Dunn.

The hit on Dunn he could have fumbled real easy on that play gotta give credit to him for holding on to the ball. The replay from endzone shows the oline just missed that guy at the second level and came and popped Dunn. If he would have gotten blocked that had a look of a big play.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    During the fake punt...it looked like Grimsley was the only guy that realized what was happening...was pursuing but a big dude turned his head and caught Robbie good. Tough to see on TV, but in person it was nasty. Happened right in front of us (1st row, behind the Bison bench) as did the big hit on Dunn.
    Tre said he saw it and was going to call a time out to plan for the fake but didn't.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    The hit on Dunn he could have fumbled real easy on that play gotta give credit to him for holding on to the ball. The replay from endzone shows the oline just missed that guy at the second level and came and popped Dunn. If he would have gotten blocked that had a look of a big play.
    It’s called damn good speed at the LB position. We didn’t miss him, those assigned to him couldn’t catch him (we have some LBs like that too)—> https://twitter.com/rossuglem/status/950243207127994368

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.