Page 20 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Did anyone else notice how when we lined up in power run formation, JMU corner would immediately abandon his receiver and crash down on our tailback leaving our WR alone on the flat. This worked out well for them as stopped many plays for a loss or short gain when it looked like our back would have gone for a decent gain. What I was questioning was why we didn't take advantage of this and hit the open receiver that was left alone or we could have also faked a handoff to the fullback and then hit the tailback on a wheel route on the flat where there was no corner. We could have made them pay for being overly aggressive with their corners on run support. We never made the adjustment.

Natural grass fields look ugly when you overlap the long stripes of green paint to make the grass look green.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    the punter is a senior and after bein mauled was playing with a pretty sever leg injury. ill just say thanks JK and the rest of the senior class
    Well, I guess I don't know how extensively he was injured, but he has never been a great punter, was never impressed with him. Our special teams have never been very special since Bohl left. One area of weakness the team needs to improve upon.

I know I shouldn't complain about the results, but doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Overall, we found a way to win a very good, hard fought game. Defense was outstanding, offense did what they could against a very good defense. I think we should have run power earlier and more often, but it is what it is and we won.

We had a great team once again and we can't argue with the results. Will lose some very good players but return a ton of talent as well so we have a lot to look forward to for next year.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post
    And correct me if I'm wrong wasn't Schor trying to quiet down his own crowd while they were on offense? Or was he signaling to players. Not sure. But blaming the PA guy? Uff da.
    He was directing the band.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Lay off the punter. We were kicking into the wind the 2nd a d 3rd qtr. coverage sucked
    Offensive approach to this game Near cost us.
    D was tremendous, playing on a short field for 3 quarters
    Seth is going to be a stud. Not sure why he didn’t get more touches.

Not to mention he may of gotten hurt when hit. He grabbed his leg immediately when he went down and didn't do a dance on the sidelines like he did at Illinois State after limping off.

Has anyone discussed what their punt returner's quick move of the hand just before the ball got there was about? At least a couple times I was sure that he had signaled a fair catch but he then returned the ball and no flag was thrown.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I volunteer to go down to Prokick in Australia and find us a new punter.

http://www.prokickaustralia.com
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I suspect part of it is from Bison fans who occasionally show up on their board with the "what about us?" attitude. Often our "ambassadors" on those types of board are not the greatest representation of our fan base.
    On the money!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Poor clock management near the half has always been Klieman's forte. I remember how piss poor it was against Youngstown during the season too. That's one thing that has to change.
    How about the sdsu debacle to end the half a couple years ago. That was by far the worst clock management

Btw does anyone know the number for shsu so we can give it to jmu to get their national runner up shirts made?