Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Yep. I know. Not what I'm looking for. ;-)
    I'm confused, where are you going to get higher quality
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I'm confused, where are you going to get higher quality
    Let's just put it this way. I'd like to have a copy of the original broadcast. Not someone else's copy/recording...of the original broadcast.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

The whatifers of JMU have now convinced themselves that if only one of their supposed unforced errors didn't happen they would have won by multiple scores.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The whatifers of JMU have now convinced themselves that if only one of their supposed unforced errors didn't happen they would have won by multiple scores.
    This is great. They're in for a rude awakening then. Next year I think they come back to earth a bit. Look out for Delaware.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

They really had themselves convinced they were going to go on a multi year run and send us to the dustbin. It has to hurt.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have watched the game again and agree with Coach K. The Bison were very conservative. That being said, there were a couple of second downs I wish they had run the ball to set up shorter third downs, so there was room for even more conservative play. Also, going over the top like they did with Shephard was there a few other times, as well. They still had man coverage in similar situations with a LB on him. That was the Bison not taking advantage of JMU errors. The Bison could have played the game a few different ways and still found success. JMU didn't quite have that luxury. Everytime they tried to change it up, NDSU had an answer.

I think if you played this game between these two teams 10 times, the Bison would win most. Not because JMU didn't have talent, but because NDSU really did hold a lot to the vest on the offensive side. As they would have gained more confidence, the more the offense would have opened up the game more.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This is great. They're in for a rude awakening then. Next year I think they come back to earth a bit. Look out for Delaware.
    It appears JMU fans (and coach?) suffered from a broken magic spell. Until the defeat at the hands of the Bison, they were on a series of impressive streaks... 26 win streak, coach never having lost a game, #1 ranking, etc. etc. Suddenly POOF, it all disappeared.

Anyone think that the roughing the kicker incident actually hurt Koonce and was a contribution to the punting afterward?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Statements like these always bring to mind one of my favorite quotes: "If only your Aunt had nuts, she'd be your Uncle."

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    It appears JMU fans (and coach?) suffered from a broken magic spell. Until the defeat at the hands of the Bison, they were on a series of impressive streaks... 26 win streak, coach never having lost a game, #1 ranking, etc. etc. Suddenly POOF, it all disappeared.

Anyone think that the roughing the kicker incident actually hurt Koonce and was a contribution to the punting afterward?
    He's done a couple of good dives but that dummy went right into his plant leg. I'd buy that it hurt his hamstring which is what he was grabbing afterward.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He's done a couple of good dives but that dummy went right into his plant leg. I'd buy that it hurt his hamstring which is what he was grabbing afterward.
    After watching that play a few times, I am somewhat convinced the plan was to go through the punter whether or not the ball was still there. Maybe not so much as intentional as we are going for broke and if we hit him after the ball is out of there, we will take that chance. 15 yards still kept the ball on the Bison side of the 50 and they just forced a 3 and out. Their defense has been good enough to NOT allow but 10 1st QTR points all year. Calculated risk with a positive outcome for them?