Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    It kinda irked me when Shaun White was dragging it around on the ground after he won gold. It's not about worship, but for crying out loud show some respect for it. Because if you don't respect it why are you using it as a prop to wrap yourself in to begin with?
    Because your agent said to?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I finally watched the JMU again.

Holy cow, that might have been the best defensive effort I've seen from NDSU! Losing the two starting CBs in the previous game, constantly defending a short field, and holding them to 13 points? That's crazy. If it weren't for giving up a FG and 69 yards in 28 seconds right before the half, there wouldn't even be a question about whether the JMU game was NDSU's best defensive effort in a championship game.

JMU's other two scoring drives totaled 12 plays for 33 yards.

Chris Board, Derrek Tuszka, and Marquise Bridges had their best games as Bison. Heck, Josh Hayes did too. Jabril Cox was an animal and all the vets played at a high level, highlighted by Tanguay's INT and Grimsley's six solo tackles. Just an outstanding effort against a very good offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    It kinda irked me when Shaun White was dragging it around on the ground after he won gold. It's not about worship, but for crying out loud show some respect for it. Because if you don't respect it why are you using it as a prop to wrap yourself in to begin with?
    Yes, it's annoying, but you have to remember many of these athletes are usually too exhausted to be composed enough to be aware of their surroundings. It's a pretty emotional time and worrying about flag etiquette or even dealing with an impromptu interview without having a chance to calm down are items that they should not be focusing on immediately after winning.

Here's an example of an athlete getting too emotional following winning a World Championship (at 19 years-old).

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Holy cow, that might have been the best defensive effort I've seen from NDSU! Losing the two starting CBs in the previous game, constantly defending a short field, and holding them to 13 points? That's crazy. If it weren't for giving up a FG and 69 yards in 28 seconds right before the half, there wouldn't even be a question about whether the JMU game was NDSU's best defensive effort in a championship game.

Chris Board, Derrek Tuszka, and Marquise Bridges had their best games as Bison. Heck, Josh Hayes did too. Jabril Cox was an animal and all the vets played at a high level, highlighted by Tanguay's INT and Grimsley's six solo tackles. Just an outstanding effort against a very good offense.
    Spot on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Constantly defending the short field was unbelievable.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Chris Board is my favorite unsung Bison Hero. Way out of state player who stayed committed through a position change all the while being a monster on special teams. Who's fumble recovery was instrumental in the fourpeat and who's play in the six-pack was equally as important although less dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Constantly defending the short field was unbelievable.
    Yep!!! The D was tuned in.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Chris Board is my favorite unsung Bison Hero. Way out of state player who stayed committed through a position change all the while being a monster on special teams. Who's fumble recovery was instrumental in the fourpeat and who's play in the six-pack was equally as important although less dramatic.
    He definitely played his best ball at the end of his career. Worked through a lot of adversity and didn't give up. Great example of persistence and commitment.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    He definitely played his best ball at the end of his career. Worked through a lot of adversity and didn't give up. Great example of persistence and commitment.
    I'm really happy to see that he was able to excel at the end of his career. I think his and Thorton's stories are exhibits A and B of the rewards of staying committed through adversity. Both ended their careers not at the positions they anticipated, but because they stayed, they left as national champions.

It was an unbelievable game. The D just wasn't going to give an inch. I re-watched it yesterday and was surprised. Other than that couple minutes at the end of the 1st half Josh Hayes held his own pretty well. Just imagine what next year's team will be like. NDSU graduates a lot but there is a lot coming back too.