Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    After watching that play a few times, I am somewhat convinced the plan was to go through the punter whether or not the ball was still there. Maybe not so much as intentional as we are going for broke and if we hit him after the ball is out of there, we will take that chance. 15 yards still kept the ball on the Bison side of the 50 and they just forced a 3 and out. Their defense has been good enough to NOT allow but 10 1st QTR points all year. Calculated risk with a positive outcome for them?
    If, according to them, it's the reason they lost the game, probably not.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    It appears JMU fans (and coach?) suffered from a broken magic spell. Until the defeat at the hands of the Bison, they were on a series of impressive streaks... 26 win streak, coach never having lost a game, #1 ranking, etc. etc. Suddenly POOF, it all disappeared.

Anyone think that the roughing the kicker incident actually hurt Koonce and was a contribution to the punting afterward?
    It was kind of like a pitcher who had a perfect game going into the 9th of a 0-0 game and gives up a home run that blows the perfect game, no hitter, shutout, and win all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was kind of like a pitcher who had a perfect game going into the 9th of a 0-0 game and gives up a home run that blows the perfect game, no hitter, shutout, and win all at once.
    I had fully typed out a post about the person who should not be named 3 days short of 20 years ago who broke some of our hearts in a certain game but I'm not going to ruin my optimism for later today.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I had fully typed out a post about the person who should not be named 3 days short of 20 years ago who broke some of our hearts in a certain game but I'm not going to ruin my optimism for later today.

Let us never speak of this again.

The punter definitely wasn't the same after the roughing. Maybe it was physical, maybe it was in his head, I don't know. My money is no a physical injury. He wasn't a great punter, but he was worse than normal, for sure.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Rewatched just the first quarter so far ... those dropped balls were well defended passes that were met with perfect timing by a good defense. So far through the first I haven’t actually seen anything I would call a 100% drop.

But what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Rewatched just the first quarter so far ... those dropped balls were well defended passes that were met with perfect timing by a good defense. So far through the first I haven’t actually seen anything I would call a 100% drop.

But what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    those dropped balls were caused by Our D being in Shors face all day long and his inability to stand and throw bullets, they are all crap passes
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    The punter definitely wasn't the same after the roughing. Maybe it was physical, maybe it was in his head, I don't know. My money is no a physical injury. He wasn't a great punter, but he was worse than normal, for sure.
    I just cant fathom why we cant find a good punter. It makes no sense unless we arent offering any money. I just dont get it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I just cant fathom why we cant find a good punter. It makes no sense unless we arent offering any money. I just dont get it.
    in retrospect we were spoiled with the previous guy...he was awesome. maybe ask him to scout out some guys
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    in retrospect we were spoiled with the previous guy...he was awesome. maybe ask him to scout out some guys
    the two-three before him were pretty good also.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."