Page 26 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

congrats bison nation - what an amazing game, very had played on both sides... the difference was fractional when you remove our dropped-passes (freakishly high). Our O-line got handled saturday. Now let's not talk about that Stapleton 'fumble'...get outta here replay booth Crowd seemd about 60/40...good stuff.

anyway..great time - your tailgate was unreal and we had some great conversations, beers, and pork tacos - thank you. see you again next year.

GRAFTONBISON is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    JMU had some studs on defense that we had ZERO answer for. 74 and 94 wreaked havoc all game, the only way we slowed them was to double-team them. Kuhnert was trying...Koonce was injured on that roughing, Stick was limping on the sidelines...at some point don't we have to acknowledge that JMU had something to say about the play-calling or that the roughing likely impacted the ST the rest of the game?

This wasn't the biting cocks we were playing (#Bubbasback). Their team speed on defense and their ability to get off blocks was phenomenal rendering some plays that are our bread and butter limited. HUGE hits...Dunn got lit up, Grimsley got lit up, we lit Moreland up, we lit Schor up a couple times. The hit on Grimsley on the punt...his grandkids felt it.

Amazing game from beginning to end. The playing surface was firm, refs did a good job staying out of the way, called the ones they absolutely had to call.
    When was this hit on Grimsley? Or what quarter if nothing else? I don't remember them showing it on the TV production but want to look for it when I watch again. Thanks!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    I think our noise was not even close to what we should have had for the game. Maybe it's just the vantage point I had being on the "bison" side(sect 124). I was really impressed with JMUs crowd noise. There were lots of people around us that weren't making any noise, not even a clap, even on 3rd downs. It's been said, and needs to be said again and again....What a great time to be a Bison!
    On Tv it seemed that both fan bases did a good job generating noise.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Anyone have a gif of that D lineman punching our o-lineman? How the hell did he not get tossed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    a JMU fan on AGS was saying he didn't play again in the game, if so Houston kinda like tossed him.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    I think our noise was not even close to what we should have had for the game. Maybe it's just the vantage point I had being on the "bison" side(sect 124). I was really impressed with JMUs crowd noise. There were lots of people around us that weren't making any noise, not even a clap, even on 3rd downs. It's been said, and needs to be said again and again....What a great time to be a Bison!
    You have to remember that the home side has the press box and suites. They help reflect the noise to the field.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    When was this hit on Grimsley? Or what quarter if nothing else? I don't remember them showing it on the TV production but want to look for it when I watch again. Thanks!
    I believe on their fake punt...I believe It was Grimsley who got pancaked halfway back to Fargo.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watched the game again last night. When we lined up for (what would turn out to be) the blocked field goal, it looked to me as though the place holder lined up about 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This seemed too close to me. It allows the defense an increased chance of blocking the kick. Especially, if the kick is low. Am I off-base on this? Is 7 yards our usual spot distance for a field goal attempt?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Watched the game again last night. When we lined up for (what would turn out to be) the blocked field goal, it looked to me as though the place holder lined up about 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. This seemed too close to me. It allows the defense an increased chance of blocking the kick. Especially, if the kick is low. Am I off-base on this? Is 7 yards our usual spot distance for a field goal attempt?
    I'm pretty sure that's the usual setup for just about any team. Don't know if that's a rule or not.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but Bridges had to be helped off the field after the last 4th down stop. Looked like a leg issue. He was to the rear of the pile of humanity at the goal line, jumped and came down wrong. Didn't look like much,if any, contact. Anyone hear his status?
    Great game and kudos to the coaches for putting that defense together. We were on the JMU side and NDSU's crowd was crazy loud.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    It was on the fake punt. He is chasing down the play and the lineman with the lead block plants and drops his shoulder into Grimsley.