Page 56 of 81 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Maybe I am just crazy... but what? Mess got more aggressive against SDSU when it appeared the game plan for success against them had been demonstrated, and suggested the type of ball this program had been built for.

I’m happy with the win. Who gives a rip if NDSU could have been more fancy? JMU had turnover city waiting out there. Glad JMU was given respect.
    RPO might be “conservative” and payed some dividends, but also resulted in a turnover.

Disappointed Mess went back to shotgun run and pass when I form power was just starting to pay off.

Thank goodness the o gave the d the rest they did to finish the win. Great game, whole team/program won even if the d stood out that day.
    being less conservative in my mind has nothing to do with fancy. it means taking advantage of more. yeah jmu's d is good, but we could have beaten them with more than what we used.....i think this is what CM was saying.

CM also noted DS was running open a few times and eluded if not playing it conservatively we could exploited that more the same with more passes to the rb qnd te.....again I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    being less conservative in my mind has nothing to do with fancy. it means taking advantage of more. yeah jmu's d is good, but we could have beaten them with more than what we used.....i think this is what CM was saying.

CM also noted DS was running open a few times and eluded if not playing it conservatively we could exploited that more the same with more passes to the rb qnd te.....again I agree.
    I agree with your post if that would have been the plan. Not saying it wasn’t.

NDSU was starting to gash them running from I form, a play action out of that set makes sense to me if going to change it up. Why switch to shotgun and pass a sideline out?

In fairness the one time I “called” for a shepherd slant pass out of shotgun before the snap (early second I think) it was very well covered and glad Easton pulled it back. Buddy watching with me said Stick should have been looking te first and that was open, but I haven’t seen replay.

Hard to second guess a win, but hope they are learning from it if there were more opportunities out there.

Great season Bison! Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Did anyone else notice how when we lined up in power run formation, JMU corner would immediately abandon his receiver and crash down on our tailback leaving our WR alone on the flat. This worked out well for them as stopped many plays for a loss or short gain when it looked like our back would have gone for a decent gain. What I was questioning was why we didn't take advantage of this and hit the open receiver that was left alone or we could have also faked a handoff to the fullback and then hit the tailback on a wheel route on the flat where there was no corner. We could have made them pay for being overly aggressive with their corners on run support. We never made the adjustment.
    Every body has an opinion, but you and a couple others seem to have hundreds of them, and all negative ... wow ... can't even enjoy the moment?

Yours is post 191 of 522 ... I'm done reading this nonsense ... threads is dead as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post

I also noticed on the read option Stick either was reading it bad or the play was designed to go to the RB only. Several times in the late 3rd and 4th Stick would've been, at worst, in a 1 on 1 situation with JMU's backside contain guy and, at best, having a clear alley to get outside that contain had he kept it. In both cases it could've been 6 points several times had he kept it IMO. If they're never going to run the QB out of the read option it's effectivess in comparison to the power I under center gets even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There has got to be somebody on campus who can convince Coach K that punting is dumb and he should do much less of it. Seriously.
    Set up an interview or email him. I'm sure you will wow him with your analytical knowledge then he will hit delete and laugh.

Sometimes you have to leverage the strength of your team which is the D.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I also noticed on the read option Stick either was reading it bad or the play was designed to go to the RB only. Several times in the late 3rd and 4th Stick would've been, at worst, in a 1 on 1 situation with JMU's backside contain guy and, at best, having a clear alley to get outside that contain had he kept it. In both cases it could've been 6 points several times had he kept it IMO. If they're never going to run the QB out of the read option it's effectivess in comparison to the power I under center gets even worse.
    I was wondering if I was imagining it. I turned to my friend and said "That's not an option, that's just a handoff"
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Set up an interview or email him. I'm sure you will wow him with your analytical knowledge then he will hit delete and laugh.

The data doesn't lie.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I hear you, but couldn't you also argue that since the D is so damn good, you should go for it more on fourth and short after midfield, knowing your defense can bail you out? This is even more true when the punt unit is struggling, for whatever reason.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Was not one of Bob Stitts things that he went for it more often on 4th??? He filled up the trophy case.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Couldn't agree more, if Stick isn't going to run keep him under center more. I noticed Stick should have kept a lot of those R/O plays. The DE was crashing hard on just about everyone of them. I think Stick could have gashed them pretty good.