Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Dunn and Anderson were beginning to bust off some longer runs as the 4th quarter went along. I think cracks were beginning to show in the FCS's second best defense. While not an explosive performance I think NDSU was able to run the ball more consistently than JMU and other than the fake punt and Stick killing time at the end, that gap was growing. To me that was one of the biggest differences in the game.

Both Ds where nightmares for the opposing team's QBs. Towards the end Bison where even getting pressure with 3 man rushes.
    While we didn't score in the 2nd half we also didn't have any 3 and outs. Yes, we played conservative but we were able to run some clock.

As long as we're playing "what-if".

What if we didn't have a ND 9 man punter the entire game? This was a huuuuuuge impact on the game. We had terrible field position almost the entire game.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It is ironic how they wanted to give their defense credit for "forcing" Christion to fumble 3 times in the semis when his arms/the ball weren't touched but they're quick to point out that NDSU's defense did nothing to force their receivers into getting the dropsies.
    This is the part that that I find hard to listen too. Other than that love seeing the meltdown of oh what if. Makes the win oh so much sweeter

Ok.... Guys leave the JMU fans alone. The game on Saturday was between two very evenly matched teams. If they played 10 times I could see us winning 6...or 4. So, I can see them dwelling on the "what could have been.". Now on the other hand, football is a sport where the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. They made more mistakes, and that is why they lost. Not making mistakes is a "talent" as much as running or catching. It's also possible (I can't say) that JMU made similar mistakes all year, but were so dominant that they were covered up. You don't notice 4 drops when you win by 20pts. (Ask SHSU who didn't know how bad their defense was until their offense couch dig them out.)

The difference in Saturdays game was special teams and mistakes. They won the first one, NDSU won the second.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

so was at the bb game tonight and durring thw free t-shirt toss the guy 3 rows down gets hit in the hands and ultimately bobbles the shirt and drops it. i lean over to the folks sitting in front of me and say....guy cant catch worth a shit, he could play for jmu. everyone lol. i go on to say.... All they got was a free shirt to.

anyway, best part off the bb game!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    While we didn't score in the 2nd half we also didn't have any 3 and outs. Yes, we played conservative but we were able to run some clock.
    CM...on the insiders this AM said he thought after watching the game back he might have called a too conservative game. i agree!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    CM...on the insiders this AM said he thought after watching the game back he might have called a too conservative game. i agree!
    Maybe I am just crazy... but what? Mess got more aggressive against SDSU when it appeared the game plan for success against them had been demonstrated, and suggested the type of ball this program had been built for.

I’m happy with the win. Who gives a rip if NDSU could have been more fancy? JMU had turnover city waiting out there. Glad JMU was given respect.
    RPO might be “conservative” and payed some dividends, but also resulted in a turnover.

Disappointed Mess went back to shotgun run and pass when I form power was just starting to pay off.

Thank goodness the o gave the d the rest they did to finish the win. Great game, whole team/program won even if the d stood out that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    As long as we're playing "what-if".

What if we didn't have a ND 9 man punter the entire game? This was a huuuuuuge impact on the game. We had terrible field position almost the entire game.
    That display of punting was a disgrace to 9 man punters. this was more of one of those punt, pass, kick from some 8 yr old in the NFL Play60 program

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    That display of punting was a disgrace to 9 man punters. this was more of one of those punt, pass, kick from some 8 yr old in the NFL Play60 program
    There has got to be somebody in the NDSU student body who punted in HS. Seriously.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There has got to be somebody in the NDSU student body who punted in HS. Seriously.
    There has got to be somebody on campus who can convince Coach K that punting is dumb and he should do much less of it. Seriously.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie