Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Our fanbase is old because just about every single fan is mostly either a booster or alumni. Everyone here grows up loving football and still love football. Fargo/NDSU alum have large amounts of disposable income and are very generous to NDSU in one way or another.
    2. I am not buying there were discussions about how much anyone hates Bison fans. There is absolutely nothing that makes sense about that one. Why would you be having a discussion about a school who wasn't there? You know, I was wondering, now that you are serving me my beer, what did you think of SHSU fans 6 years ago? If it was slow enough to even have any conversation, why about the Bison and even if it was, their thought is if the Bison were here it wouldn't be slow enough for you to be talking to me. The service industry has such huge turnover, 75% of those service crews were different by either attrition or they didn't bring in the reserves for the extra crowds.
    3. Because we are older, there is basically no care in the world about the cost of a beer. We aren't a bunch of 20 year olds worrying about stretching a $20 bill for the evening. I don't carry cash, so maybe I shouldn't say anything until I see the bill. I haven't worried about the price of a beer since I was in my 20s. If the beer was in a bucket with ice, it was worth 35. Imagine that second beer that was just sitting on ice for 15 minutes.
    4. JMU did enough to not become irrelevant yet. If they don't match at least this year's success, they will just be the footnote of being the team in the middle of the long run.
    5. There is no excuse for excuses. Don't go away mad, Bison haters, just go away.
    All reasonable except the part about a beer sitting on ice for 15 minutes. That never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Our fanbase is old because just about every single fan is mostly either a booster or alumni. Everyone here grows up loving football and still love football. Fargo/NDSU alum have large amounts of disposable income and are very generous to NDSU in one way or another.
    2. I am not buying there were discussions about how much anyone hates Bison fans. There is absolutely nothing that makes sense about that one. Why would you be having a discussion about a school who wasn't there? You know, I was wondering, now that you are serving me my beer, what did you think of SHSU fans 6 years ago? If it was slow enough to even have any conversation, why about the Bison and even if it was, their thought is if the Bison were here it wouldn't be slow enough for you to be talking to me. The service industry has such huge turnover, 75% of those service crews were different by either attrition or they didn't bring in the reserves for the extra crowds.
    3. Because we are older, there is basically no care in the world about the cost of a beer. We aren't a bunch of 20 year olds worrying about stretching a $20 bill for the evening. I don't carry cash, so maybe I shouldn't say anything until I see the bill. I haven't worried about the price of a beer since I was in my 20s. If the beer was in a bucket with ice, it was worth 35. Imagine that second beer that was just sitting on ice for 15 minutes.
    4. JMU did enough to not become irrelevant yet. If they don't match at least this year's success, they will just be the footnote of being the team in the middle of the long run.
    5. There is no excuse for excuses. Don't go away mad, Bison haters, just go away.
    Yes I bet bars really hate ndsu people even though their economy increases 7 million over the course of one weekend. I'm sure they hate polite drunk people rather than obnoxious drink people. Must be the reason that several of these establablishments hang ndsu flags and signs everywhere and are even team makers. Hate runs so deep, hate from other jealous fanbases who don't get the love and red carpet like ndsu fans

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m just disappointed I missed out on the farting contests. Rather, disappointed Pyro didn’t know we were having one at Brixton. I suspect I won.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    From JaxState board: "It was fun to talk with the bartenders at all the bars, they hate the NDSU crowd. They all said it is the best and worst weekend of the year. They make tons of money, because they jack the price up and trick them into to over paying. They had a sign up that said Dos XX $8 a bottle* or get a bucket of 4 for $35. He said it was a joke between the bar tenders until people started ordering the bucket, so they went with it. They would stick the extra three in the tip jar."

Okay, now which one of you NDSU math majors couldn't do the math and conclude that buying the bucket of 4 was NOT a better deal than buying 4 bottles, one at a time??!!*
    just seen this, I posted more in another thread. This guy is so butthurt and full of shit its funny
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    who cares? I didn't see that sign so either he's lying or he's lying.
    Well it is obviously not that he is lying so it must be that he is lying. It is impeccable logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Thanks. At time time I didn't think anything of them kicking but later I heard some people questioning why they didn't go for two. To me, I've seen that backfire when people start that earlier and then end up losing by one because they failed on multiple two point conversions. The problem with doing it too early is there is so much game and potential scoring left to happen so you don't know what you'll really need.

I've always thought the start of the fourth quarter was about the right time to start going for two to get within a FG or TD but that's just based on gut. Although the type and feel of the game could definitely impact that (high scoring vs. defensive slug fest).

Audit? Any analysis on this?
    Pretty clear they should have gone for 2. Basically, down five it’s a mistake not to the clock only impacts how large a mistake.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...or-2-for-real/
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

First of all, I am sure there are bar tenders/servers that dislike Bison fans for one reason or another. It could be as petty as, "God, get some different people here already." It could be that they are fans of another team. It could be that they are exhausted after working so hard trying to keep the herd happy. It could be that they dislike being told by their boss to wear the gear of a school they will never attend.

Many people who live in Sturgis and the surrounding communities dislike the biker rally. But the town depends on it. I am sure that every national championship weekend they get an influx of people coming in and spending money. Apparently NDSU fans are more profligate than some other fan bases. The town/city would LOVE that. That doesn't mean that every single bartender/server/service worker likes the Bison fans. That is highly unlikely. At the same time, I have heard enough good stories about servers going out of their way, beyond what is necessary to be considered a good job to indicate to Bison fans how much they enjoy them.

There was also a story this year that, at the start of the playoffs, that there was a billboard in town wishing good luck to the Bison. Doesn't sound like everyone hates the Bison. During the championship against JSU there was the dust-up about them sending out a tweet extending a welcome to the Bison and didn't send out a corresponding one to JSU or something like that.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JMUSB Podcast: Coming to Grips with the National Championship Results.

http://jmusportsblog.com/
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

not sure if this was posted but here is "THE FUMBLE" everyone is talking about, pretty clear it was a good call, don't know how to make it large

the fumble.jpg
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    JMUSB Podcast: Coming to Grips with the National Championship Results.

http://jmusportsblog.com/
    Would someone tell these idiots who they were chasing for what they keep calling the "Streak" I honestly think they think they hold the longest win streak in FCS?