Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Lay off the punter. We were kicking into the wind the 2nd a d 3rd qtr. coverage sucked
    Offensive approach to this game Near cost us.
    D was tremendous, playing on a short field for 3 quarters
    Seth is going to be a stud. Not sure why he didn’t get more touches.
    It's not just the punter!!!!!! our special teams nearly cost us the game !!!!! We need to fucking make it a priority period or it will screw us in the end!!! absolutely rediculous today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I was quite concerned the whole 2nd half and especially on that last drive that we were going to lose by 3 and those 3 points came at the end of the first half. That was a complete mess and if not for getting very lucky we should have given up 7 instead of 3.
    If you know what you want to do on offense and don’t take a timeout right away on 4th and short the worst case scenario is JMU stops the clock for you and has one fewer timeout. That’s point number one. Second, the right answer is to go for it, not kick a field goal.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    It's not just the punter!!!!!! our special teams nearly cost us the game !!!!! We need to fucking make it a priority period or it will screw us in the end!!! absolutely rediculous today!!!
    Come on now, the kickoff and punt coverage has been good all year. Today it was aweful but our punter has been terrible for two years. Everyone says yea but they don't return punts, hard to return punts when they only go 35 yards. Well today it should have cost us if not for our defense. We got killed in field position in a defensive battle. Not once was he able to flip the field.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If you know what you want to do on offense and don’t take a timeout right away on 4th and short the worst case scenario is JMU stops the clock for you and has one fewer timeout. That’s point number one. Second, the right answer is to go for it, not kick a field goal.
    He’s talking about JMU’s 3 just before half when the moves down the field at Usain Bolt speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    He’s talking about JMU’s 3 just before half when the moves down the field at Usain Bolt speed.

Yes, and I’m talking about what happened immediately before that and JMU’s timeouts. I think they used them all in the effort to get that last 3.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    I say this as a Minnesota native - fuck em. When was the last time the Gophers were relevant - '60s '50s '40s? They were a winning team once upon a time - many dozens of years ago but not anymore.
    After the game I went out and shot a limit of roosters on some Minnesota guys land. Fuck those assholes.

Tomorrow I'm going to hunt on land that some pricks from Virginia bought and shoot another limit. Another group of assholes.

So is BA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yes, and I’m talking about what happened immediately before that and JMU’s timeouts. I think they used them all in the effort to get that last 3.
    Huh?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Come on now, the kickoff and punt coverage has been good all year. Today it was aweful but our punter has been terrible for two years. Everyone says yea but they don't return punts, hard to return punts when they only go 35 yards. Well today it should have cost us if not for our defense. We got killed in field position in a defensive battle. Not once was he able to flip the field.
    Instead of wasting a scholarship on a guy who’s entire job is to give the ball to the other team, perhaps we should use it on something more productive.

Any idea why we called timeout with 45 seconds on the clock to end the half when we were going to kick a fg. There were still 20 some seconds on the play clock. I guess if you are able to draw them offside you still have time left to get a td. It also have them time to get that fg.