Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Yes. As was talked about before the game. They win and they are the new standard, the new king. They lose and they run the risk of being the one and done that no one remembers 5 years from now. Sucks to be that one team that no one cares about winning in the middle of NDSU's historic 6+ championship seasons.

We had many JMU fans stop by our tailgate after the game and all of them were really good people, very congratulatory and just wanted to hang out and party. One guy did get a little miffed when he mentioned something about our recent success in a way that sounded like he was saying NDSU was nothing until a few years ago. I simply said, "You know this is our 14th national championship" to which he responded, "Well that's DII shit. We don't count that crap". So I simply replied "Well, it's still 6 to 2". He sat there for a minute and then walk off.
    And it only took us 8 years of eligibility in D-1 to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    The "we don't count that shit" comment drives me nuts. How is that any different than telling JMU they "only won an FCS championship and that 'doesn't count.'" Why can't that "count." And if we only want to talk about FCS seasons I would put NDSU's record up against anyone.
    3 of those championships happened before JMU had a football team. They were DIII until 1980. Of course, nobody even thinks they had a team before Mickey Matthews waltzed into town.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Actually, this is a good example of the fallacy of "what if." If I remember correctly that was the drive that ended in a missed field goal. IF NDSU had intercepted it we would have had WORSE field position than letting the game play out.
    Yes but again your assuming everything after that is equal. It doesn’t work that way which is why the what if game is pretty funny to me.

From JaxState board: "It was fun to talk with the bartenders at all the bars, they hate the NDSU crowd. They all said it is the best and worst weekend of the year. They make tons of money, because they jack the price up and trick them into to over paying. They had a sign up that said Dos XX $8 a bottle* or get a bucket of 4 for $35. He said it was a joke between the bar tenders until people started ordering the bucket, so they went with it. They would stick the extra three in the tip jar."

Okay, now which one of you NDSU math majors couldn't do the math and conclude that buying the bucket of 4 was NOT a better deal than buying 4 bottles, one at a time??!!*

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    From JaxState board: "It was fun to talk with the bartenders at all the bars, they hate the NDSU crowd. They all said it is the best and worst weekend of the year. They make tons of money, because they jack the price up and trick them into to over paying. They had a sign up that said Dos XX $8 a bottle* or get a bucket of 4 for $35. He said it was a joke between the bar tenders until people started ordering the bucket, so they went with it. They would stick the extra three in the tip jar."

Okay, now which one of you NDSU math majors couldn't do the math and conclude that buying the bucket of 4 was NOT a better deal than buying 4 bottles, one at a time??!!*
    who cares? I didn't see that sign so either he's lying or he's lying.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    who cares? I didn't see that sign so either he's lying or he's lying.
    I get that, but I just thought his post was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Its tradition to throw the bowling game.
    That is punny
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

One must assume then that he/she was in fact either not drinking or was skilled enough to negotiate the "Not-Bison" discount.

Wanna know how I know this story is full of shit???

Who TF tries to sell buckets of Dos XX to a Herd of Bison Fans? Guess they must have ran out of Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, and Mich Golden!

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Our fanbase is old because just about every single fan is mostly either a booster or alumni. Everyone here grows up loving football and still love football. Fargo/NDSU alum have large amounts of disposable income and are very generous to NDSU in one way or another.
    2. I am not buying there were discussions about how much anyone hates Bison fans. There is absolutely nothing that makes sense about that one. Why would you be having a discussion about a school who wasn't there? You know, I was wondering, now that you are serving me my beer, what did you think of SHSU fans 6 years ago? If it was slow enough to even have any conversation, why about the Bison and even if it was, their thought is if the Bison were here it wouldn't be slow enough for you to be talking to me. The service industry has such huge turnover, 75% of those service crews were different by either attrition or they didn't bring in the reserves for the extra crowds.
    3. Because we are older, there is basically no care in the world about the cost of a beer. We aren't a bunch of 20 year olds worrying about stretching a $20 bill for the evening. I don't carry cash, so maybe I shouldn't say anything until I see the bill. I haven't worried about the price of a beer since I was in my 20s. If the beer was in a bucket with ice, it was worth 35. Imagine that second beer that was just sitting on ice for 15 minutes.
    4. JMU did enough to not become irrelevant yet. If they don't match at least this year's success, they will just be the footnote of being the team in the middle of the long run.
    5. There is no excuse for excuses. Don't go away mad, Bison haters, just go away.