Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Emotionally exhausting game..yelled/screamed myself horse. But...all is Right With The World once again. The sun rises in the East, sets in the West, and the Earth spins on its axis as it should, with the Bison back on the throne.
    The Temporary Usurpers in purple are a footnote in football history.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: NDSU has now won 6 rings in 7 years with 3 different starting QB's. Man that speaks to the strength of the program and shows that what we have is a true dynasty.
    Last edited by gobison0; 01-08-2018 at 12:42 AM.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Naw, he was probably trying to get the JMU fans to out cheer us.
    Well at least one of the player's dad did exactly that. He was egging on the Bison crowd to get louder when JMU was on offense to "feed on the energy". Of course, his son (Jimmy Moreland) plays on defense so maybe he was mixed up. For the record, Mr Moreland was a good sport and had a lot of fun with us Bison faithful adjacent to the JMU parents section.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't think it was discussed too much but I had a TON of JMU commercials play but not a single NDSU commercial?? Was this just my feed??

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Don't think it was discussed too much but I had a TON of JMU commercials play but not a single NDSU commercial?? Was this just my feed??
    Gotta spend those student fees.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Other thoughts from being at the game (still need to watch the DVR'd version)...
    Koonce appeared to be hurt on that initial roughing call. After that his punts were high but about 10 yards shorter than the rest of the year. Wind had nothing to do with it.
    Cam's "blocked" FG attempt was a freeby for JMU. That ball was only about 3 feet off the ground when it hit someone on the line. It would have gone under the goal post. So while it is easy to pick on aspects of the game, folks seem to be reminded that the Bison won! It was apparent in the last couple of minutes in the 3rd quarter and certainly in the entire 4th quarter that a touchdown by either team would have sealed a respective victory. The Defenses were each playing lights out football.

Both defenses made the other team's offense look pretty ordinary. JMU D was all over the place, but so were the Bison. Bridges interception happened directly in front of us and in real time was amazing bit of football. Yeah, JMU receivers dropped a couple of passes but defenders were right on top of them every time I could actually see the plays (we had row 2 seats). I expected to see more Bison passes to the TE's but JMU had the box covered pretty tight for run or pass. It appeared to me a few more sideline passes were needed to open up the JMU defense but I also suspect coaches were totally respecting (maybe over respecting) JMU corners and safeties.

Weather was perfect for the game. Field seemed very good but it was odd the lines and end zones were not more recently painted (very faded like this was completed a couple weeks ago and subsequently mowed). Tailgate was really good although a few less rigs than previous memory likely due to the 7:00 start up time (which was moved up to 5:30 as of the day prior). The previous evening's PepFest was actually quite entertaining and fun with music, pyrotechnics, former players (John Crockett is quite the character!). The player walk into the stadium was fantastic this year. GSM Band was lively, crowd was lively and large (several thousand lined up would be my guess), and the players/coaches were 100% game face. JMU player walk had more band members than fans when I looked (did not actually see their walk but few fans were lining up 5 minutes prior to the scheduled entrance).
    Fans that we encountered away from the game were generally pretty nice folks. A few tried to talk smack, but mostly started looking at their shoes when we offered to buy a round of whatever they were drinking. Some of my friends had seats in the upper JMU area for the game and observed mostly good fans (stupid streamers aside) although one drunk woman was attempting to start verbal fights (she disappeared from the area early in the game) and another male was also trying to start stuff but eventually gave up by saying something to the effect of "you guys are too effing nice".

This post was a bit long, but it just feels good to be a small part of Bison Nation. This championship game day was fun, stressful, and historic. I was there to see it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Nope didn't see a NDSU commercial at all. That dang Chevy commercial was every break, I have a theory on that but not going to derail this thread.

Watch the Bridges interception I noticed it during the game. The JMU receiver looks back and keeps pointing to Bridges, he wasn't looking at the ref with the "I am up on the line motion" he was looking at Shor, The receiver then took his other hand and went to his facemask and Shor instantly reached for his face. The thing is when our DB jumped up and pressed we played a lot on the inside shoulder and we were more heads up to a bit outside on that one and the receiver instantly started signaling. Then Bridges allowed the inside move without a jam at all but instantly was jumping into the receivers hip pocket. To me it looks like we saw something on film and Bridges baited them all the way. It was a defensive play of beauty.

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Default JMU Post Game Thoughts.

What an epic game and what an epic defense! Sat in the JMU student section and loved life, 4th quarter was stressful but being down there on that end to see the last JMU drive and final NDSU playa up close was awesome.

Being from Brookings I have tons of high school friends still From bunny land. Mainly of two varieties. 1 - they are happy for the conference and the Mo Valley retaining the title! 2 - they just have deep hatred for NDSU, but of the latter, I always tell them defense wins championships. This bison defense is just nasty and stingy. Can’t wait to see it next year. Curious to see the wide receiving corps, like others have mentioned I think we will all miss legendowsky. Just spend the last few hours re watching the game on the drive home!

Final note - I hate those damn streamers.... stayed on the field for a while and walked up the west side seating and like the pictures prove, it was a disastrous mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk