Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Is she in drugs? Seriously that was god awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me. Most all women pop singers for the last 25 years have whiney voices that don't sound any better than nails on a chalk board. Don't know if it is the crap music, or terrible talent, or a combination of both that makes for this garbage. Is there something wrong with just sounding beautiful? Karen Carpenter, Olivia Newton John, and other great woman singers didn't have to yodel during their songs to make an impression.
    Last edited by SDbison; 02-19-2018 at 07:43 PM.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Most all women pop singers for the last 25 years have whiney voices that don't sound any better than nails on a chalk board. Don't know if it is the crap music, or terrible talent, or a combination of both that makes for this garbage. Is there something wrong with just sounding beautiful? Karen Carpenter, Olivia Newton John, and other great woman singers didn't have to yodel during their songs to make an impression.
    Oh come on now. Patsy Montana yodeling "I want to be a Cowboys Sweetheart" is a classic!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

Yep. You herd it here first on bisonville. You're welcome Virginians.
    This is obviously why Duhamel dumped her.... guy has foresight!

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Star Spangled Banner isn't supposed to be seductive and doesn't appreciate it when you try to make her seductive.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    The Star Spangled Banner isn't supposed to be seductive and doesn't appreciate it when you try to make her seductive.
    Well, the tune is from an old British drinking song... and a godawful one at that. I can't be begin to say how much I dislike the song other than the last two lines. It's nearly un-singable and it's makes the flag into some sort of fetish object.

When I was in grade school we used to sing MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE which has much better lyrics but unfortunately is sung to the tune of GOD SAVE THE KING/QUEEN so screw that noise.

HAIL, COLUMBIA was the national anthem until 1931. It had decent lyrics but a woeful tune (but easier to sing than the SSB, I think, although the only version I've heard sounds like it was sung by an Irish tenor.)

My choice to replace the SSB would be ANYTHING GOES - that's a helluva lot more American than all the other tripe.

But, hey, if we must worship a flag, then our anthem should be STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER.
    Last edited by tony; 02-21-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, the tune is from an old British drinking song... and a godawful one at that. I can't be begin to say how much I dislike the song other than the last two lines. It's nearly un-singable and it's makes the flag into some sort of fetish object.

When I was in grade school we used to sing MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE which has much better lyrics but unfortunately is sung to the tune of GOD SAVE THE KING/QUEEN so screw that noise.

HAIL, COLUMBIA was the national anthem until 1931. It had decent lyrics but a woeful tune (but easier to sing than the SSB, I think, although the only version I've heard sounds like it was sung by an Irish tenor.)

My choice to replace the SSB would be ANYTHING GOES - that's a helluva lot more American than all the other tripe.

But, hey, if we must worship a flag, then our anthem should be STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER.
    I agree with most of your post, but the worshiping part is extreme. It’s more respect and honor for what it stands for, not worshiping.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

May be I shou ld start post in like fer gie sing z.

Nope to hard to do with auto correct.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I agree with most of your post, but the worshiping part is extreme. It’s more respect and honor for what it stands for, not worshiping.

That's part of the problem I've seen with talks about the American flag. Some treat it as some type of deity, especially in regards to the Flag Conduct Code written in the 1940s. According to those that want to live and die with Code as the Law, these Paralympians would be considered criminals despite being Patriotic and having American Pride because this is disrespecting a piece of cloth:

I believe treating the flag (and anthem) with great respect, but I won't worship them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That's part of the problem I've seen with talks about the American flag. Some treat it as some type of deity, especially in regards to the Flag Conduct Code written in the 1940s. According to those that want to live and die with Code as the Law, these Paralympians would be considered criminals despite being Patriotic and having American Pride because this is disrespecting a piece of cloth:

I believe treating the flag (and anthem) with great respect, but I won't worship them.
    It kinda irked me when Shaun White was dragging it around on the ground after he won gold. It's not about worship, but for crying out loud show some respect for it. Because if you don't respect it why are you using it as a prop to wrap yourself in to begin with?