Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    a JMU fan on AGS was saying he didn't play again in the game, if so Houston kinda like tossed him.
    If that is true, glad to hear a team police its self. Hate to have that kind of play on either side.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Here is the quote from the JMU board:

If Klieman was my coach I would love him. As a fan of the team the lost, he rubbed me the wrong way. Basically said they out schemed us and were a tougher team, which is why they won. I will give him a pass as he should be excited about winning the game and I am sure he didnt want to take anything away from their accomplishment. But lets face it, this was as much about us laying an egg as it was them playing very well.

So would they have been happier if Coach Klieman had said "JMU is a great team, but they sure laid an egg today"? That would have ticked me off, as a Bison fan, much less as a fan of the other team.
    I don't think anyone laid an egg. These are two great teams which both defenses are really tough. One team will make a couple more plays to win. Both teams had good schemes. If jmu would have laid an egg they would have lost by 30.

We WON!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Houston did bench Jackson, I was shocked he didn't get tossed. I immediately turned to my friends in the section and said he was gone, I saw at least 3 punches thrown. Not sure why, but it really doesn't matter why. Obviously Houston didn't think the explanation was sufficient. Did it hurt us? Hard to say, if you're that far over the edge how much can you be counted on to execute your responsibility? I will add that I know this kid personally, he's a fraternity brother with a number of kids that attend our tailgate (with their parents). Jackson himself has come when he was injured, can't really explain the over-the-top emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Houston did bench Jackson, I was shocked he didn't get tossed. I immediately turned to my friends in the section and said he was gone, I saw at least 3 punches thrown. Not sure why, but it really doesn't matter why. Obviously Houston didn't think the explanation was sufficient. Did it hurt us? Hard to say, if you're that far over the edge how much can you be counted on to execute your responsibility? I will add that I know this kid personally, he's a fraternity brother with a number of kids that attend our tailgate (with their parents). Jackson himself has come when he was injured, can't really explain the over-the-top emotion.
    I respect the heck out of Houston. And this was a first-class move.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Its an emotional game played by emotional young men. Sometimes emotion gets the best of them. Not excusing or condoning it, but it happens. A really unfortunate moment for it to happen for this kid, but it doesn't have to nor should it define who he is and unless there is a history of this type of behavior, I would suspect he'll get another opportunity to prove himself, but I'm sure Coach Houston will demand a lot from the kid to earn that opportunity, and that is the way it should be.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Its an emotional game played by emotional young men. Sometimes emotion gets the best of them. Not excusing or condoning it, but it happens. A really unfortunate moment for it to happen for this kid, but it doesn't have to nor should it define who he is and unless there is a history of this type of behavior, I would suspect he'll get another opportunity to prove himself, but I'm sure Coach Houston will demand a lot from the kid to earn that opportunity, and that is the way it should be.
    Agreed, emotional stuff that goes down on the field I can understand and accept. This kid has no track record of off the field issues, in my opinion that's a bigger indicator of a problem. He'll be back and potentially starting, though I would imagine he's going to have to clear a slightly taller hurdle than some other linemen.

Sounds like the state capitol building has the number "6" lit up in the windows in honor of the Bison. Pretty sure they've never done this before.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Much more entertaining than games that are over before halftime like the playoff games in the dome.
    But easier on the heart when we win by 30. I'll take the less entertaining.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

If a Weber State defensive back catches a ball we wouldn't have been talking about streamers for 3 weeks.