Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the usual setup for just about any team. Don't know if that's a rule or not.

I thought it was more like 10 yards. Not aware of a rule.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bcp_JMu View Post
    congrats bison nation - what an amazing game, very had played on both sides... the difference was fractional when you remove our dropped-passes (freakishly high). Our O-line got handled saturday. Now let's not talk about that Stapleton 'fumble'...get outta here replay booth Crowd seemd about 60/40...good stuff.

anyway..great time - your tailgate was unreal and we had some great conversations, beers, and pork tacos - thank you. see you again next year.
    Well, check out this photo. Clearly Stapleton is not down, you can see light under his knee and the ball is clearly out of his control. Sorry, refs got this one right.
    http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleg...ebcad9998.html

It’s almost always 7 yards, not sure I’ve seen a team do anything different. 9 yards on a punt is pretty much standard too I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm pretty sure that's the usual setup for just about any team. Don't know if that's a rule or not.

My initial research reveals that you are correct in that this is the usual setup! Thanks for the reply. Off to post on the TIL thread.

[QUOTE=KSBisonFan;1260016]Haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but Bridges had to be helped off the field after the last 4th down stop. Looked like a leg issue. He was to the rear of the pile of humanity at the goal line, jumped and came down wrong. Didn't look like much,if any, contact. Anyone hear his status?
    QUOTE]

After the game, Bridges was outside the locker room smiling and laughing it up with everyone else getting their photo with the trophy. Moving around just fine...don't think he was hurt at all.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, check out this photo. Clearly Stapleton is not down, you can see light under his knee and the ball is clearly out of his control. Sorry, refs got this one right.
    http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleg...ebcad9998.html
    His right knee is down, that photo doesn't show anything.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They can legally set up anywhere they want. If they want to use a numbering exception (less than 5 guys on the line of scrimmage numbered 50-79) or they want the snapper protected they have to be at least 7 yards back. In punt situations the punter has to be at least 10 yards back. You may sometimes see the QB quick kick from 5-8 yards back. That's legal, but they have to meet all numbering requirements and the snapper isn't protected. The normal offense is usually in on those plays so it's not an issue.

The ball does appear to be out of his hands, but it's hard to tell from a photo. Who's mouthguard is flying through the air?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

In addition you can clearly see that he does not have possession of the ball at the instant this shot was taken. There is nothing in this image that would compel you to overrule the call on the field as far as I can see.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    In addition you can clearly see that he does not have possession of the ball at the instant this shot was taken. There is nothing in this image that would compel you to overrule the call on the field as far as I can see.
    Right, despite conflicting claims from each fanbase I have not seen anything conclusive either way.