Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Twice as big. It'll never happen, can't think of the last time they even played an fcs school.
    You’re right, that’s true, but Texas A&M plays shsu every year. Don’t tell the Aggies you’re good they probably won’t know any better, y’all could fill up the empty seats at Kyle Field and Notch an SEC. victory

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Yup. It would be interesting to see how perfect their lives are.
    If I was following the game live only through that thread, I would have thought that JMU was winning and NDSU had no business being on the field due to incompetent coaches and players.

Watching it live while being there, I watched a classic slugfest between two teams that refused to break mentally. Yes, there was mistakes/weakness for both teams (offense for JMU and special teams for NDSU), but the game was a thing of beauty if you love great defensive play. Buddy Ryan would have loved this performance by both squads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Congrats Bison, great win for you guys. If we're fortunate, maybe we'll see you in Frisco again next year. Can't really ask for a better FCS atmosphere, and quite frankly better than just more than a handful of FBS post-season as well.

First time I've ever walked out of a big game loss and not been pissed about it. Either I'm getting old, or it was just one of that games where a good team was going to lose no matter what. Let me be very clear when I say that while I do think we got the short-end of a call or 2, it's not why we lost the football game. We had ample opportunity to get it done, and we didn't for the first time in a long time and it's my opinion that the Bison D was responsible for that. Mea culpa, I've been taking every opportunity to make fun of Bison fans for bringing up Tanguay and DeLuca but those guys are maybe even better than advertised. The INT Tanguay had was pretty unreal for a D-lineman, though at the end of the day it may be Cox who is actually the biggest beast.

Thoroughly enjoyed pre and post-game tailgating with the Bison fans. We hosted about 300 Dukes in the Red Lot, sort of down near the Comfort Suites end of the lot. Super people, even the drinking contest between the NDSU and JMU students/fraternities didn't get out of hand. Some idiots did go through our tailgate while we were in the game and smashed every single bottle they could find, we put them in boxes and trash bags in the grassy area but we simply didn't have anywhere to put that much trash. This is 2 years in a row we've had problems with that, I'm not sure why those parking lots don't have large trash receptacles.

Enjoyed the banter with most of you, sadly I think you may even be better next year. I appreciate all of those that shared our tailgates drinks and food, I personally didn't have a negative interaction with any Bison. I gave away several trays of our breakfast burritos to your buses, even traded for a really cool beer can glove ( I don't know how else to describe this thing) that was purple and gold (I really appreciate the Vikings fans for their choice of colors).

Tailg8ter, I believe I saw somewhere in this thread that you had your cornhole boards stolen. I can't swear to it yet, but I feel like someone at our tailgate post-game told me they saw 2 JMU young morons walking with some Bison boards after the game. Problem is I haven't been able to confirm that, and I've reached out to a ton of people. I'll try some more today, I don't have much hope of figuring out who it was but I'm going to post something on the JMU Nation FB page and see if anyone has a clue. I want to verify who told me first, I have to say someone should have called them out for that on the spot. We left a ton of stuff out, other than the bottles being smashed we had no issues. It's bullshit, but I've had stuff stolen from my personal tailgate before and I'd always chalked it up to locals. I don't believe that for a second in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Congrats Bison, great win for you guys. If we're fortunate, maybe we'll see you in Frisco again next year. Can't really ask for a better FCS atmosphere, and quite frankly better than just more than a handful of FBS post-season as well.

First time I've ever walked out of a big game loss and not been pissed about it. Either I'm getting old, or it was just one of that games where a good team was going to lose no matter what. Let me be very clear when I say that while I do think we got the short-end of a call or 2, it's not why we lost the football game. We had ample opportunity to get it done, and we didn't for the first time in a long time and it's my opinion that the Bison D was responsible for that. Mea culpa, I've been taking every opportunity to make fun of Bison fans for bringing up Tanguay and DeLuca but those guys are maybe even better than advertised. The INT Tanguay had was pretty unreal for a D-lineman, though at the end of the day it may be Cox who is actually the biggest beast.

Thoroughly enjoyed pre and post-game tailgating with the Bison fans. We hosted about 300 Dukes in the Red Lot, sort of down near the Comfort Suites end of the lot. Super people, even the drinking contest between the NDSU and JMU students/fraternities didn't get out of hand. Some idiots did go through our tailgate while we were in the game and smashed every single bottle they could find, we put them in boxes and trash bags in the grassy area but we simply didn't have anywhere to put that much trash. This is 2 years in a row we've had problems with that, I'm not sure why those parking lots don't have large trash receptacles.

Enjoyed the banter with most of you, sadly I think you may even be better next year. I appreciate all of those that shared our tailgates drinks and food, I personally didn't have a negative interaction with any Bison. I gave away several trays of our breakfast burritos to your buses, even traded for a really cool beer can glove ( I don't know how else to describe this thing) that was purple and gold (I really appreciate the Vikings fans for their choice of colors).

Tailg8ter, I believe I saw somewhere in this thread that you had your cornhole boards stolen. I can't swear to it yet, but I feel like someone at our tailgate post-game told me they saw 2 JMU young morons walking with some Bison boards after the game. Problem is I haven't been able to confirm that, and I've reached out to a ton of people. I'll try some more today, I don't have much hope of figuring out who it was but I'm going to post something on the JMU Nation FB page and see if anyone has a clue. I want to verify who told me first, I have to say someone should have called them out for that on the spot. We left a ton of stuff out, other than the bottles being smashed we had no issues. It's bullshit, but I've had stuff stolen from my personal tailgate before and I'd always chalked it up to locals. I don't believe that for a second in Frisco.
    Nice post Steeler... I found your reaction to the results of the game interesting -- I hate to admit it, but I found myself thinking about how I might respond if the Bison lose, and I had concluded that if it happened, I was going to be at peaces with it -- they made it to the Final -- and the better team that day won... luckily, it worked out this year for us. Perhaps we are growing up Anyway, heck of a game... Definitely hoping we play again sometime in the near future.

Jabril Cox should be hereafter always referred to as "The Berserker."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Easton's mustache should be in the Bison Hall of Fame.

Lardsin must go!

Our lack of situational awareness is concerning. Need to know when to throw the ball away rather than take a sack. The fake punt some how caught us off guard?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Anyone know of a way to watch the post-game celebration?
    Attend the game in person.

JMU had some studs on defense that we had ZERO answer for. 74 and 94 wreaked havoc all game, the only way we slowed them was to double-team them. Kuhnert was trying...Koonce was injured on that roughing, Stick was limping on the sidelines...at some point don't we have to acknowledge that JMU had something to say about the play-calling or that the roughing likely impacted the ST the rest of the game?

This wasn't the biting cocks we were playing (#Bubbasback). Their team speed on defense and their ability to get off blocks was phenomenal rendering some plays that are our bread and butter limited. HUGE hits...Dunn got lit up, Grimsley got lit up, we lit Moreland up, we lit Schor up a couple times. The hit on Grimsley on the punt...his grandkids felt it.

Amazing game from beginning to end. The playing surface was firm, refs did a good job staying out of the way, called the ones they absolutely had to call.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    JMU had some studs on defense that we had ZERO answer for. 74 and 94 wreaked havoc all game, the only way we slowed them was to double-team them. Kuhnert was trying...Koonce was injured on that roughing, Stick was limping on the sidelines...at some point don't we have to acknowledge that JMU had something to say about the play-calling or that the roughing likely impacted the ST the rest of the game?

This wasn't the biting cocks we were playing (#Bubbasback). Their team speed on defense and their ability to get off blocks was phenomenal rendering some plays that are our bread and butter limited. HUGE hits...Dunn got lit up, Grimsley got lit up, we lit Moreland up, we lit Schor up a couple times. The hit on Grimsley on the punt...his grandkids felt it.

Amazing game from beginning to end. The playing surface was firm, refs did a good job staying out of the way, called the ones they absolutely had to call.
    Their backside pursuit was something magical. Never seen teams do that so consistently. Several plays looked like a huge hole was open but before the RB could turn upfield someone from the backside came and made the tackle.

ya grimsley got laid out on that hit. But moreland also got laid out by on an offensive lineman and to add insult to injury Stick jumped over him hahaha.

To anyone watch the postgame presser i laughed pretty good when Klieman called out who i think was Kolpack about not knowing Brooks had shoulder surgery before christmas.