Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

On a tough scoring 2 days, Amy finished rd 2 with 2 birdies on the last 5 holes for a 2 over total to finish 4 strokes within the cut line. She is currently even par after 5 holes of the 3rd rd.

Tourney isn't over but Amy finished her last round birdie-birdie for a 1 under round and 1 over overall.

She tied for 41st. Made 6104.00.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Tourney isn't over but Amy finished her last round birdie-birdie for a 1 under round and 1 over overall.
    A nice finish to the tournament and a decent start to 2018 dufferole! She is a good wind player it seems and with that wouldn’t have been surprised to see her do even better, but she tied the other Dakota girl Kim Kaufman, and played her last round with Katherine Kirk, whom she greatly respects from all indications, so a lot to be taken from this one moving forward. Hoping 2018 will be the breakout year for one or both of
    The Dakota Girls!!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    A nice finish to the tournament and a decent start to 2018 dufferole! She is a good wind player it seems and with that wouldn’t have been surprised to see her do even better, but she tied the other Dakota girl Kim Kaufman, and played her last round with Katherine Kirk, whom she greatly respects from all indications, so a lot to be taken from this one moving forward. Hoping 2018 will be the breakout year for one or both of
    The Dakota Girls!!
    Tied for 41st is a good start???????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Really? I would miss several rounds in ND if that was called up here.
    I think ND taught her how to handle the wind Mr Meaty. And the rest of the elements as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Really? I would miss several rounds in ND if that was called up here.
    Too much wind for the way the greens were set up. If it were ND they wouldn’t be rolled as hard or cut as short.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Her best season to date she finished 80th on the money list, so yeah. It’s only one data point but if it proves to be representative that would be good.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Next event is Australian Open starting Feb 14.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The unbelievable success of the Bison with five NCAA Division 1 FCS football national titles in a row, and six out of the last seven national titles as well likely has spoiled all of us a bit. Even has gotten to the point that those who wish to beat the Bison have found they had better be a lot more like them to try to do so! (see James Madison) While everything seems to pale in the light of that sort of success, I don't know that it is fair or even realistic to try to hold up the rest of the programs to what has been accomplished by the Bison on the collegiate football field. However, on an apples to apples basis, I will point out again that Amy is the WINNINGEST athlete in the history of the NCAA, with 20 titles, compared to the next highest of 17 for Julie Inkster. The jump from the college to professional level is huge, just like the jump from high school to NCAA is. Whether she will match the sort of success that she had at the high school and NCAA levels remains to be seen, but I am convinced that she will! I personally believe that she is close to a breakout season in the LPGA along with Kim Kaufman of South Dakota. Here is another stat to bear in mind. Of all of the people who play the game of golf, the odds are 1 in 400,000 of one of them even making it to the professional level. No less staying there and succeeding. The odds are a little better for football but also not so good: "Of all the boys in America who play high school varsity football, less than 6 percent will go on to play at the college level, including those who go on to Division III schools were scholarships are not allowed. Of the precious few who do go on to play college football, only 1.8 percent will be drafted by the NFL. Bottom line? If your child is playing high school football, his chances of making it to the NFL are 0.08 percent or about 8 out of 10,000."

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.