Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Wow, great round. She was on tv 4 (very brief) times. Go Amy!
    Amy goes out in the 3rd to last group paired with Charley Hull. One of the announcers pointed out today that hers was not the top American name one would expect to see at the top of the leaderboard. No elaboration....that was it. Cinderella stories abound tomorrow though, with Loyola facing Michigan, and Amy facing all of “names you’d expect to see at the top of the leaderboard.” Loyola or Amy could prevail, and it’s pretty exciting stuff! Any given Friday...any given contest. I’ll be with Sister Jean of Loyola asking for Divine Intervention for the Ramblers of Loyola Chicago and for AMY OLSON of the Bison!! GoAmy...GoKim...GoRamblers...GoBison!!!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 03-31-2018 at 12:01 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Well considering she’s never finished in the top 50 at a major and another major story of the first two days is Pernila Lindburg who’s never won anything in 9 years on tour, you can maybe understand where he was coming from.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well considering she’s never finished in the top 50 at a major and another major story of the first two days is Pernila Lindburg who’s never won anything in 9 years on tour, you can maybe understand where he was coming from.
    Pernilla Lindberg is a Swede (living in Florida), so I think he was referring to Thompson, Kerr, Korda, Wie, Lewis and others when he stated that Olson was not an American name he expected to see at the top of the leaderboard for Americans. I understand where he was coming from, and it may partly explain the extreme lack of coverage of most of the players including Amy each week. That said, I don’t necessarily like it or agree with it. Lindberg has a compelling story, but there are a lot of great stories that aren’t being touched on every week. The PGA announcers seem to do a better job with that. It may come down to the fact that I am an unabashed Bison and Amy Olson homer like I said before though! And that she is going to have to earn every second of air time she ever gets! I’m sure she is just fine with that!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 03-31-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Pernilla Lindberg is a Swede (living in Florida), so I think he was referring to Thompson, Kerr, Korda, Wie, Lewis and others when he stated that Olson was not an American name he expected to see at the top of the leaderboard for Americans. I understand where he was coming from, and it may partly explain the extreme lack of coverage of most of the players including Amy each week. That said, I don’t necessarily like it or agree with it. Lindberg has a compelling story, but there are a lot of great stories that aren’t being touched on every week. The PGA announcers seem to do a better job with that. It may come down to the fact that I am an unabashed Bison and Amy Olson homer like a said before though!
    If she can find her way into legitimate contention she will get on TV and they will talk about her. End of story.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    If she can find her way into legitimate contention she will get on TV and they will talk about her. End of story.

Amy Olson has present tense FOUND her way into “legitimate contention”, just as she has done in the past with being the United States Junior national champion and the winningest golfer in the history of the NCAA ahead of the likes of Julie Inkster! While I am an admitted Bison and Amy homer, I’m pretty sure she is perfectly fine with earning every accolade she gets, and would probably also just as soon forego the attention while quietly going about her business. What sort of credentials do you carry to merit your swarmy attempts at condescension?

Why do you take every thing so personal?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Amy Olson has present tense FOUND her way into “legitimate contention”, just as she has done in the past with being the United States Junior national champion and the winningest golfer in the history of the NCAA ahead of the likes of Julie Inkster! While I am an admitted Bison and Amy homer, I’m pretty sure she is perfectly fine with earning every accolade she gets, and would probably also just as soon forego the attention while quietly going about her business. What sort of credentials do you carry to merit your swarmy attempts at condescension?
    You're right! They should have a channel devoted to following her around the course. Maybe they could have legends of golf talking about how they've learned so much from her. Hell, they could have you on talking about how it's remarkable that it's taken so long for her to garner the TV coverage that she deserves. SMH.

Amy birdies the first hole today.

I may be mistaken but they have shown Amy just once so far today

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I may be mistaken but they have shown Amy just once so far today
    I thought might catch her a couple times pucknut9 when they did show her playing partner Charley Hull, but no luck. Top two on board are stalling and allowing the field to narrow things up, so hopefully Amy takes advantage of the conditions and upcoming par 5s and makes a move of her own!

GoAmy GoRamblers!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 03-31-2018 at 10:33 PM.