Page 61 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Tough 1st round for Amy. 5 over par.

Her 1st round stats. 0 of 14 fairways hit. 0 of 18 greens in regulation. Hope that is wrong info. Sounds like one of my rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Her 1st round stats. 0 of 14 fairways hit. 0 of 18 greens in regulation. Hope that is wrong info. Sounds like one of my rounds.
    She probably would have done better with a set of rentals or my old Austad’s set dufferole!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    She probably would have done better with a set of rentals or my old Austad’s set dufferole!
    Or even my first set of clubs, Chi Chi Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Or even my first set of clubs, Chi Chi Rodriguez.
    Those were sweet PuckNut! They don’t make em like that anymore, the clubs or the man!:

https://youtu.be/jzJ1PY-SOXw

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

It looks like nobody on the scoring has stats. Maybe the Europeon tour does not keep track.

Those were sweet PuckNut! They don’t make em like that anymore, the clubs or the man!:

https://youtu.be/jzJ1PY-SOXw
    Chi Chi was the man. He was dirt poor growing up and then became the golfer that he was. always a smile on his face regardless of how his round was going. And after he made a putt sometimes he'd put his putter away like a sword. He made golf more entertaining and they just don't make em like him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Chi Chi was the man. He was dirt poor growing up and then became the golfer that he was. always a smile on his face regardless of how his round was going. And after he made a putt sometimes he'd put his putter away like a sword. He made golf more entertaining and they just don't make em like him anymore.
    From Wikipedia: Early years
    Rodríguez was born into a poor family in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. He was one of six siblings. His father used to earn $18 a week as a laborer and cattle handler. When Rodríguez was seven years old, he helped the family by earning money as a water carrier on a sugar plantation. One day Juan wandered off into a golf course. When he saw that the caddies were earning more money than he was, he decided to become a caddie himself.[1][2]

Rodríguez would take a branch from a guava tree and turn it into a golf club. Using a metal can as a "golf ball," he would practice what he had seen the "real" golfers do, teaching himself how to play golf. By the time he was nine years old, he was proficient at golf and in 1947, at the age of 12, he scored a 67.[1][2]

In 1954, when Rodríguez was 19, he joined the United States Army. During his breaks, he would visit whichever golf course was nearby, where he continued to perfect his game.[2]

Rodríguez, with characteristic charisma, would often make jokes about his past hardships on the golf course, such as, "How long does John Daly drive a golf ball? When I was a kid, I didn't go that far on vacation." And, "Playing golf is not hot work. Cutting sugar cane for a dollar a day — that's hot work. Hotter than my first wrist watch."[2][3]

Amy shot a 1 over 72 to finish 6 over after 2 rounds and miss the cut by 5 strokes. I hope she picked up experience playing links golf for the Open next week.

From Wikipedia: Early years
    Rodríguez was born into a poor family in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. He was one of six siblings. His father used to earn $18 a week as a laborer and cattle handler. When Rodríguez was seven years old, he helped the family by earning money as a water carrier on a sugar plantation. One day Juan wandered off into a golf course. When he saw that the caddies were earning more money than he was, he decided to become a caddie himself.[1][2]

Rodríguez would take a branch from a guava tree and turn it into a golf club. Using a metal can as a "golf ball," he would practice what he had seen the "real" golfers do, teaching himself how to play golf. By the time he was nine years old, he was proficient at golf and in 1947, at the age of 12, he scored a 67.[1][2]

In 1954, when Rodríguez was 19, he joined the United States Army. During his breaks, he would visit whichever golf course was nearby, where he continued to perfect his game.[2]

Rodríguez, with characteristic charisma, would often make jokes about his past hardships on the golf course, such as, "How long does John Daly drive a golf ball? When I was a kid, I didn't go that far on vacation." And, "Playing golf is not hot work. Cutting sugar cane for a dollar a day — that's hot work. Hotter than my first wrist watch."[2][3]
    Thanks for sharing. He’s still one of my favorites