Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I believe that the notification comes first that they are out of position. If they don’t catch up, they get put on the clock.

Then each player is timed on every shot. A bad time is penalized. Penalty to the player. Not the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is correct. There is a par time for each hole that applies to the first group of the day. After that all trailing groups have to stay in position. If you get out of position you’re warned then put on the clock. The penalty for a bad time is 2 strokes.

They play major championship golf in 4 hour rounds. Not going to see that on the men’s tour ever, expect the first guy off on Sunday playing with a marker.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Here are Amy’s abbreviated stats for this first major. I like that her distance is up, her rounds in the 60s are up, her greens hit are up, her birdies are up, her putts are down, her “other” scores on holes are way down, she is taking advantage of par 5s much more often, and she really seems to be enjoying both her new coach and her new caddy!:

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/ana-...playerId=98084
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-02-2018 at 04:23 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is correct. There is a par time for each hole that applies to the first group of the day. After that all trailing groups have to stay in position. If you get out of position you’re warned then put on the clock. The penalty for a bad time is 2 strokes.

They play major championship golf in 4 hour rounds. Not going to see that on the men’s tour ever, expect the first guy off on Sunday playing with a marker.
    Thanks for the explanation. It seemed unfair to penalize all when one player is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. It seemed unfair to penalize all when one player is the culprit.
    A breath of fresh air dufferole! Finally something that makes sense, unlike so much we hear in the news.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Are you saying Lindberg played slow? It was hard to watch a lot of the time. Someone needs to tell her to speed up just a little bit.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Well, it could still affect you even if you aren’t the culprit. It can change your rhythm.

On the clock, it definitely affects you. You get 40 seconds to play.

I looked up rule 6-7 which is the USGA slow play rule. Warning for first bad time, 1 stroke for the second, 2 strokes for the third, and DQ for a fourth. Not sure if LPGA uses a different rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree that slow play slows down everybody behind the group too. I hate slow play.

Lindberg won in 8 sudden(?) death holes.

Looks like Amy takes home $55,345 for her top ten finish

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nice paycheck, Amy!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Hopefully Grant can afford a new shirt now. He doesn't have to wear sycamore blue to watch his wife work.

Lardsin must go!