Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

-2 thru 12 today and currently in 13th place at -4

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

She finished with an even par round, 2 under for the tourney.

Amy ended up tied for 18th. She had 4 birdies and 4 bogies . She was 0 for 3 in sand saves. Still ok for a major tourney.

Well that will pay some bill's, about $45000 worth I think

Good estimate. She made 41,023.00.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Good estimate. She made 41,023.00.
    Probably made a much as Grant does in a year.

Amy enters the top 100 in the World Golf Rankings for the first time this week. Up 16 places to 93rd.

These rankings are a weighted average (older results count less than newer ones, results against higher quality fields count more than those earned facing easier opponents) of the last two years of results so they may be a bit of a lagging indicator.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I was surprised to see today that it doesn’t appear as if Amy has earned an exemption into the British as of yet. Apparently, in official British English it’s perfectly acceptable for the same sequence of words to mean one thing in sub paragraph b) and something completely different in sub paragraph d).

So, my bad for getting everyone’s hopes up.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I was surprised to see today that it doesn’t appear as if Amy has earned an exemption into the British as of yet. Apparently, in official British English it’s perfectly acceptable for the same sequence of words to mean one thing in sub paragraph b) and something completely different in sub paragraph d).

So, my bad for getting everyone’s hopes up.
    FWIW, she told Kolpack she is playing in it. Although that may mean she is just assuming she will qualify based on what she has already done.

Also looks like she is planning to play all the Asian events this year. That will be the first time for her.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/golf/4...-all-time-high

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    FWIW, she told Kolpack she is playing in it. Although that may mean she is just assuming she will qualify based on what she has already done.

Also looks like she is planning to play all the Asian events this year. That will be the first time for her.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/golf/4...-all-time-high
    Yeah. I looked at it again today and if my revised understanding of the exemption criteria are correct she’s very likely to get in, just have to wait a couple more weeks to make it official.