Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I agree. She mentioned it in a recent interview. That is the only reason I included it. Although to your point I shouldn't have included it at all. I have concerns with her ability to make the tour sustainable regardless.
    I get that. Even if sponsorships are sufficient to cover all golf and travel costs 100,000 a year for a career that ends before 40 and it's eat what you kill from week to week. It's a far cry from the men's game where the guy who earns the last tour card is making a million a season.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    You dismissively mention a "certain poster" here, and I'm not sure, but I think that I could be that poster! Thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule of being one of the top 50 motivational speakers in the entire world to offer up this drippingly sincere and incredibly insightful appraisal of Amy's chances vis a vis her biological clock along with all of the other harsh realities of life on the LPGA. Somehow, however, as a CPA and honors graduate of NDSU, I think she has a pretty good grip on all of this, but 5673 and myself for two feel totally unworthy of this sort of brilliance! If you would deign to consider personal coaching to help a couple of fellow Bison out, please advise!
    Please dont speak for me. Im more in line with Pattys thoughts than yours.

Its is a shame that you arent able to get through a post---discussion with out some back handed and snide comments to those who dont share your point of view. If its your goal to be an ass people will start treating you as such.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Damn, infighting even in the Amy Olson thread.
    Mind bottling....

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Please dont speak for me. Im more in line with Pattys thoughts than yours.

Its is a shame that you arent able to get through a post---discussion with out some back handed and snide comments to those who dont share your point of view. If its your goal to be an ass people will start treating you as such.
    Fair enough. It’s an opinion board and without a healthy diversity of opinions it probably wouldn’t be of much interest at all. I have absolutely no desire to hurt anybody’s feelings here, and I believe that you and I and Patty or anybody else don’t have to agree on anything to still be kind. I shouldn’t have responded in kind. Also, there are underage posters here and who wants to find out that they hurt the feelings of a youngster? I will say again that in my humble opinion, Amy and Kim and others deserve a great deal of credibility and respect just for having reached the level of competition that they have attained. It’s a huge deal and rates a bit of effusion and over the top hard to bear optimism in and of itself in my opinion. And I am a huge Dakota homer and unapologetic about that as well. There are pros who labor for years on the Symetra Tour and at age 30 plus are still not wallowing in self doubt, so yes I think that 41st on the Big Tour is a yuge big marvelous deal. Which of us here can say that they have attained 41st in the entire world in ANY endeavor?!? The level of difference between those making a million plus a year and those struggling or just getting by is minuscule by the way, and I can’t be negative or advise any of them to give up that dream. Not with knowing so well what the alternatives can be. Not my style. All the best and cheers to you and Patty and to everyone else on Bisonville moving forward with their hopes and dreams in 2018!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-30-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Oh my, the ignorance of some posters who are best left on ignore. (Dang quotes....) So, we make a big deal of Bison football players who do well in the NFL. Well, to be on active roster means you are in the top 1696 players in the world. (worse if practice squad) But, but, but what if a starter in the NFL. Well, there are over 700 starters.

So, Amy from North Dakota's best finish, was 80'th on the LPGA tour. Kind of puts it in perspective. I assume there is some kind of european tour too, so not sure where this is in the entire world, but that is darn good in my book and puts it in perspective versus those football players everyone worships; she is very much on par, or better with their status in her relative field (yes, Ginger Jesus is likely higher). So I suggest folks trying to say Amy is "not succeeding," please shut your yappers and let us enjoy her success.
    Well said THESoCalledFan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would say 80th on the money list of the LPGA tour is pretty damn good. An early tourney out and finished 41st with a $6,100 payday. I did not make $6,100 the last 4 days.
    Well stated Mr Meaty! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Her best season to date she finished 80th on the money list, so yeah. It’s only one data point but if it proves to be representative that would be good.
    Well said Bisonaudit! And the prize money and opportunity for more gets much sweeter at 40th on up as you know with the expanded events that become available etc.! Kim Kaufman kept chipping away and landed at 58th with 326k after a lot of journeyman hard work and diligence in 2017. And 40th on the year for 2017 put almost 500k into Karine Icher’s winnings!

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/stats/LPGA/lpga-tour
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-30-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Next event is Australian Open starting Feb 14.
    I have a feeling that there, Dallas, Indy, France, Scotland, and England are all very possible break through venues for Amy this year Audit! Just a hunch! As we know though, she could get on a roll anywhere!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-30-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Damn, infighting even in the Amy Olson thread.
    Mind bottling....
    Sign of the times NDSUSR! I’m embarrassed to admit that we’ve gone full circle from a kindler gentler nation to what you’re observing now.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Fair enough. It’s an opinion board and without a healthy diversity of opinions it probably wouldn’t be of much interest at all. I have absolutely no desire to hurt anybody’s feelings here, and I believe that you and I and Patty or anybody else don’t have to agree on anything to still be kind. I shouldn’t have responded in kind. Also, there are underage posters here and who wants to find out that they hurt the feelings of a youngster? I will say again that in my humble opinion, Amy and Kim and others deserve a great deal of credibility and respect just for having reached the level of competition that they have attained. It’s a huge deal and rates a bit of effusion and over the top hard to bear optimism in and of itself in my opinion. And I am a huge Dakota homer and unapologetic about that as well. There are pros who labor for years on the Symetra Tour and at age 30 plus are still not wallowing in self doubt, so yes I think that 41st on the Big Tour is a yuge big marvelous deal. Which of us here can say that they have attained 41st in the entire world in ANY endeavor?!? The level of difference between those making a million plus a year and those struggling or just getting by is minuscule by the way, and I can’t be negative or advise any of them to give up that dream. Not with knowing so well what the alternatives can be. Not my style. All the best and cheers to you and Patty and to everyone else on Bisonville moving forward with their hopes and dreams in 2018!
    I agree and I dont think anyone would argue that point. We all wish her well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."