Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    The odds of an Amy sighting on the LPGA coverage are probably about half of those of seeing Sasquatch on a four wheeler out there in the desert. She is going to have to be in the final pairing on Sunday for much of a chance.
    Never higher than 80th on the money list, two career top 10s, outside the top 200 world golf rankings...
    If you were producing a national TV broadcast, when would you put her on?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not to beat a dead horse but Cheyenne Woods is on a lot and is statistically doing worse than Amy. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse but Cheyenne Woods is on a lot and is statistically doing worse than Amy. Just sayin.
    Zero Cheyenne Woods Thursday.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Amy shot a 2 under round today. 2 under for 2 rounds and even par is the projected cut.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If you were producing a national TV broadcast, when would you put her on?
    Premier featured group. Every round she plays.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 03-16-2018 at 08:07 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

The LPGA is to hard to watch for me. I didn't know they could make golf any slower to watch. Heck sometimes I swear they follow one group and have a camera at one other hole during the whole broadcast and that is it. Tough to watch and frankly quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The LPGA is to hard to watch for me. I didn't know they could make golf any slower to watch. Heck sometimes I swear they follow one group and have a camera at one other hole during the whole broadcast and that is it. Tough to watch and frankly quite boring.
    I agree BisonFanatic! The format you point out is pretty much what I have seen every time also. And the announcers have been pretty dull as well. They ought to spread the coverage around a bit and try to show much more of the field every week. I watch very little due to exactly what you pointed out here, and most of what I have watched has been painful.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 03-16-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Zero Cheyenne Woods Thursday.
    Yesterday Cheyenne teed off too early to make it on tv. Not today. She finished 3 strokes off the cut but still made it on. No more dead horse beating.

I agree that the televising of the LPGA is lacking. Lots of advertising . I guess it is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Can’t disagree, but cameras and operators aren’t free... kind of a chicken and egg problem.

Kim Kaufman is at -3 right now
    Amy is at -2
    If you spot either of these world class golfers on TV today
    You’re a world champ contender for Peekaboo.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day Bisonville!
    The Running of the Green is much better when you add Gold!