Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    1,554,906 available miles banked with delta currently. I dont even have the delta credit card.
    Not too shabby.
    Not to shabby, but if they are "banked" you need to reconsider your strategy. Miles tend to devalue much faster than currency, and should be "earned and burned." Example, when I first started this, it was easy to find 100K biz seats to Europe; now tough to find at 140K......Coach domestic used to be easy, if you knew what your were doing, to find at 25K, now I have difficulty finding even at 35K. Now, back to your regular programming.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Not to shabby, but if they are "banked" you need to reconsider your strategy. Miles tend to devalue much faster than currency, and should be "earned and burned." Example, when I first started this, it was easy to find 100K biz seats to Europe; now tough to find at 140K......Coach domestic used to be easy, if you knew what your were doing, to find at 25K, now I have difficulty finding even at 35K. Now, back to your regular programming.
    I really dont care about them in the slightest. They are just a side effect of too much flying for work.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I really dont care about them in the slightest. They are just a side effect of too much flying for work.
    I can understand if you do not want to travel more yourself, however, you can use them to make other folks dreams come true (think relatives, employees, etc). I'd encourage you to do that before they continue to devalue more.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I can understand if you do not want to travel more yourself, however, you can use them to make other folks dreams come true (think relatives, employees, etc). I'd encourage you to do that before they continue to devalue more.
    I fly my gf all over the place. She is sick of traveling now too. They do devalue, but meh, I like my own bed these days.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I couldn't find Amy's name in the list of entrants for the VOA tourney this week. Hopefully she is taking some time off as she has been golfing a lot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I couldn't find Amy's name in the list of entrants for the VOA tourney this week. Hopefully she is taking some time off as she has been golfing a lot this year.
    Audit covered it above. Its likely that she is skipping it for a US Open qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Audit covered it above. Its likely that she is skipping it for a US Open qualifier.
    i saw on the USGA site that she’s registered for sectional qualifying but it didn’t say what date/site she was playing. Events are May 2-16.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Or - you could consider contributing a small portion of your massive point accumulation to her travel and be known for your travel sponsorship? Socalled can help this thread become less creepy and more supportive of former Bison athletes.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Any updates on Amy Olson regarding US Open Qualifying?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg0MOHbh5os/

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Any updates on Amy Olson regarding US Open Qualifying?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg0MOHbh5os/
    All the details are stuck on state/regional USGA sites and they are a disaster to navigate. USGA.org is accumulating a list of qualifiers and alternates as results come in but I can’t figure out where she’s playing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie