Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    She is spotting the Svede 3 shots, so I’d call it anybody’s game pucknut9!
    In all seriousness before somebody gets another bee in their bonnet, this should be a wonderful pairing for both players! They will need to keep the pressure on to maintain against a very strong group just
    a stroke back from Amy. Only pairing I'd like better would be Amy and Kim Kaufman in a final group on Sunday! Like Loyola said from the start of this season “Why not us?!!” Why not Amy Olson...Why not now?!?
    I chuckled at the beginning of the broadcast when they said Olsen was a surprise in the top, and the broadcaster from the pairing said maybe its time for Olsen to break out.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    You're right! They should have a channel devoted to following her around the course. Maybe they could have legends of golf talking about how they've learned so much from her. Hell, they could have you on talking about how it's remarkable that it's taken so long for her to garner the TV coverage that she deserves. SMH.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I have been following and commenting on Amy's career for a while. There have been a loyal few who have followed these threads. Now when she has been performing to where we have hoped, we have new folks who offer their crap opinions wether she deserves to be televised or not. I am biased but this new opinionated shit is unwarranted. She deserved to be televised earlier this year (her hole in one was untelevised) . I watch all LPGA telecasts and Amy deserved to be on more. Hopefully this performance will vault her into the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    A self admitted pessimistic lurker Cow Patty? No one called your opinions crap, you have been more rare than a sighting of a favorite player, but since you’ve popped in, if you insist. I think as others have clearly said that the LPGA could do a better job covering more of many of the players and their back stories, and not just Amy, and it would be profitable and entertaining for them to do so. Just an opinion as seeing the same players over and over and never getting a glimpse of a home town hero is not very appealing. Plenty of reasons for many of us to sound so pathetically hopeful and optimistic to you. One might be the name of this thread: 2018 Amy Olson LPGA. On a site named BISONVILLE! Here’s a thought: Be an ENCOURAGER; The World has PLENTY of CRITICS already! Big old bee in the Cow Patty bonnet. Happy Easter and hope it gets better. Maybe this caused it?: https://youtu.be/LiPAp38bDh4
    I hope you feel better.

By the way, I had deleted my post at least half an hour prior to you posting your reply. I felt it only appropriate to focus this thread on Amy during her best professional outing to date. I wish more would do the same.
    Last edited by PattyBison; 04-01-2018 at 03:33 AM.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope it stays close tomorrow and you get to see a ton of Amy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The woman in the commentary booth didn’t have a thought of playing professional golf as a teen, despite being on the cover of sporting magazines as an amature. It was a goal for Amy from age 11 per the broadcast today. Now we have 20 hours of televised women’s golf over 4 days and people are bitching about the lack of coverage. Good problem to have.

I think they’re doing a fine job, telling different stories, for the record. It’s a pretty crowded week on that front. The amature from Stanford set a scoring record and has a great story. Lindburg has been on the top of the board all week never having won before so that’s going to get a lot of coverage. Hull rolled in 3 or 4 putts from outside 30 feet today. That’s sexy stuff. The world number one made a charge on the back 9 to get to 10 under. If you were in the top 5 you got covered. If you weren’t you didn’t, even Lexi Thompson and Lydia Ko were barely on.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 04-01-2018 at 06:47 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cant even have a Golf thread without a bunch of bitching. Pretty sad...

Amy played well yesterday. I loved the part when they said she is the only certified accountant on the tour. Rolled in some very nice putts. Do this Amy we are all behind you. Some them that Bison winning tradition.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Amy played well yesterday. I loved the part when they said she is the only certified accountant on the tour. Rolled in some very nice putts. Do this Amy we are all behind you. Some them that Bison winning tradition.
    Saw her interview. Was glad she highlighted finishing her degree. She is quite a role model.
    I know nothing about golf, but follow her career. Will be watching today with golfers so maybe I will learn something
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Very well said Mr Meaty! Happy Easter to you and to all in Bisonville, and have a great day with family and friends! Should be a lot of excitement in Bisonville this Easter Sunday! I hope Sister Jean of Loyola has a little opening in her prayer schedule for Amy!

GoAmy! GoBison!

Who's Amy Olson? LPGA fans learning quickly about American who is in second place at ANA Inspiration - https://www.desertsun.com/story/spor...ion/476208002/