Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Olson 2018 LPGA

I will keep watching as I watched the LPGA tour b4 Amy joined but it still bugs me. I am biased ( but this is Biasonville)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    On the weekend anyway, if there’s 3 hours of live coverage, if you didn’t start the day in the top 30 or so you’re in the clubhouse before they go to air.
    It’s really no different on the PGA Tour. If you are nobody, you need to be close to the top of the Leaderboard or make a spectacular shot to get screen time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheyenne Woods is not a somebody other than Tiger's niece. Her golf does not rank in the top half of the LPGA. She is one example as many other golfers who are doing worse than Amy that get airtime. I watch a lot of golf and it happens often. Thank god for the LPGA leaderboard.

Amy is paired with Megan Khang today, and I have a feeling that one or both of them will play very well in this final round. Megan is winning about 400k per year, and that is the predictable next level for Amy as she continues to advance up the ranks. Unless of course she just joins the million plus per year group! Which would be even sweeter!
    GoAmy...GoMegan...GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-17-2018 at 08:52 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Cheyenne Woods is not a somebody other than Tiger's niece. Her golf does not rank in the top half of the LPGA. She is one example as many other golfers who are doing worse than Amy that get airtime. I watch a lot of golf and it happens often. Thank god for the LPGA leaderboard.
    Being Tiger’s Niece makes her a “somebody”. Even if she shoots 90. Not that it’s right. Just is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is not in my book, but not many read my book. You are right and I should quit being bothered by the slights. If she keeps making cuts and money, she will eventually get airtime.

I can’t see how they would not profit by putting out better coverage and picking up on the myriad of great stories that are spread among the rank and file of the competitors out there. It seems like the PGA does a much better job of that on the men’s side. If I was not a fan of the sport and the women in general, I would have already quit watching out of frustration. The announcers and coverage on the LPGA side seem pretty dull and uninspired compared to what they could be imo, and are leaving a lot of great and interesting stories and back stories unshared that would increase their viewership it seems.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-18-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

She shot 2 over 74, with 2 early birdies wiped out by 2 late double bogies. Amy finished in a tie for 48th earning 4460.00.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    She shot 2 over 74, with 2 early birdies wiped out by 2 late double bogies. Amy finished in a tie for 48th earning 4460.00.
    Can withstand bogies, but doubles or worse are almost impossible to overcome. Amy is perfect on 2018 for cuts made and getting into the money dufferole! Also, her swing is looking outstanding! She may still be letting nerves bother her when she gets in the hot seat or a position to really roll, but she will work that out with her coach as well, probably before she competes again. All in all a lot of positives! GoAmy! GoBison!

Some good recent swing and other pics here!:

https://mobile.twitter.com/amyolsongolf?lang=en

Hey dufferole, Audit, Mr Meaty et al! If you haven’t checked out this week’s tournament, it has shaped up to be the Jutanagarn sisters as the home team versus the Korda sisters. Kim Kaufman is having an average showing for her, and she is 5 under in 26th place currently. Amy really will benefit when the next seeding reshuffle qualifies her for these limited field events she is missing now!

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hond...nd/leaderboard
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-24-2018 at 10:16 PM.