Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 vs SDSU

Default Re: 1/3 vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    SINCE Daum is sooooo good at scoring the ball----could we have a gameplan to stop him??????? or slow him down???

every time in post...chase entry pass and double

when has ball on perimeter----when puts ball down...send a double

MAKE HIM A PLAYMAKER rather than a SCORER---

obviously don't have guys who can defend one on one but NEVER adjusted----till very late...Paul doubled in post and forced a turnover
    So much this. And stop switching Hunter onto Teletubbie (Tellinghuesen). How they didn't exploit that every time is beyond me. And can we please practice finishing drives? Mylanta did we miss a lot when taking it to the hole. Will AJ ever snap out of being a timid scorer? I've never seen someone get the rim so easily only to never shoot it. I know Teach was saying Paul did it, but he's also been forced into a role to make something happen whether for himself or others. AJ is usually a mismatch for us on offense because he's either bigger or faster than whoever guards him. FINISH! I was also hoping Hunter would attack more. Ward seemed too amped to create something that he took himself out of it. Huge fakes and super tight. Just play young man. I thought Eliason had a pretty good game. Stop biting on the pump fake by Daum though please. Refs sucked. Like bad. They called things on SDSU that weren't fouls and wouldn't call anything obvious. Head scratcher. Scoring will be tough when PSmoove moves on.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Why can't we exploit matchups? The last 5-6mins of the game they had Thiesen matched up on AJ and he not once attempted to drive the lane on him. That dude has slow feet, why are you not taking the ball to the hoop, or dribbling and stepping back? It's like everyone would take 2 steps towards the lane, see 24 standing down there and just freeze. The way you stop Daum in the Summit League is to make him defend all night. He literally stood under the basket all night on defense and barely had to move. He didn't get his second foul until about 2 mins left in the game...like c'mon. You aren't always going to score on him, but at least make a damn effort.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Why can't we exploit matchups? The last 5-6mins of the game they had Thiesen matched up on AJ and he not once attempted to drive the lane on him. That dude has slow feet, why are you not taking the ball to the hoop, or dribbling and stepping back? It's like everyone would take 2 steps towards the lane, see 24 standing down there and just freeze. The way you stop Daum in the Summit League is to make him defend all night. He literally stood under the basket all night on defense and barely had to move. He didn't get his second foul until about 2 mins left in the game...like c'mon. You aren't always going to score on him, but at least make a damn effort.
    I'd probably start at getting a respectable d1 coach here then go from here.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From reading some of these posts you'd think we lost by 30. Listened to the post game show on my way home from the game and Dave made it pretty clear that we weren't executing the offense the way he wanted it in the 2nd half as we only had 6 assists on the night, all of them in the first half. He said too many guys were trying to play "hero ball" instead of working through the offense and Paul himself said he thought fatigue might have been a bit of an issue. We just tried to do too much 1 on 1 in the 2nd half and didn't move the ball as well on offense, Tyson (who I love as a player) pressed way too much in the 2nd half after having to sit for 14 minutes in the first half due to foul trouble and AJ I just don't know what the hell to say anymore. Last night Paul Miller showed how far he's come since his freshman year and AJ showed just how far he's regressed. The sad part is AJ has gets by people and gets to the lane but for whatever reason never attempts to finish unless it's with a floater from 6 feet away, the kid needs to show some damn aggressiveness otherwise get Geu back in the game, yeah he'll make some bonehead mistakes but at least he does everything he can to score. After Spencer got a quick 4 points in the paint to start the game I'm not sure why we didn't keep going to him, make Daum play D as mentioned previously he isn't that great of a defender and can't score if he's on the bench in foul trouble. I feel like we have the pieces to be a contender in March we just need them to be more consistent from start to finish of a game and we'll have to see if we can make that happen.

Defensively I thought we actually played okay all things considered, there were some terrible calls against our guys and it's one of the reasons Daum scored as many points as he did, he shot more free throws than he deserved to have. I thought Spencer did a decent job against him, made him take contested shots and battled him hard, Daum is just an elite talent. My only complaint on defense is when Daum turned his back to the basket we didn't double more but a few times we did and Tellinghuesen buried an open 3 so it becomes pick your poison at that point. All that being said we only lost by 7 despite everything, SDSU's experience shined through as our youth was exposed a bit in some bad turnovers and poor shot selections, we aren't quite there yet but the tournament is 2 full months away, it'll be interesting to see how we respond against a very good USD team Saturday. If we play that game close as well it'll give me hope we'll be in the mix come March. If we go down there and get blown out after a tough loss at home it'll show that we aren't as close as I think we are to being a competitor for the SL championship.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I was literally yelling at AJ to drive from my seat across the floor during that matchup and obviously he didn't listen. In regards to not getting his 2nd foul until late, the officiating was so bad and so in Daum's favor that he committed 2 fouls in a row in the 2nd half and they didn't call either one on him. They called one on King and one on Thiesen when on the replay it was clear it was contact from Daum that drew the whistle. When he jumped on Paul during that loose ball it shoulda been his 4th foul, not his 2nd but good luck getting those refs to call anything against the guy.

AJ is super slow, cant get by anyone usually. But that we already know. Tellinghuesen, now there's a guy who's developed

Howdy Bison fans.

Headed up for the game last night. If I didn't know that Bison Nation was headed for Frisco I would have thought that Fargo was on fire with all the Bison vehicles headed south. Good luck on Saturday! Win it for MVFC!

Fargo has been a house of horrors for our MBB Team. Made the trip because we certainly had our best chance to get a win up there in a long time.

Always find the comments here interesting. As for the refs, I thought there was stuff both ways which is normal. Comments regarding AJ and Telly were spot on. Both can either score in bunches or diosappear. Telly was huge last night. His energy at the end of the first half set the tone for the rest of the game. When the Jacks play hard on the defensive end they are almost unbeatable for other Summit teams. Unfortunately for Jacks fans that hasn't always been the case.

What can you say about Daum? He is as advertised. There just isn't a good way to stop him one-on-one. His length is unreal and he shoots it well from way outside the arc and has great touch around the basket and shoots 85% from the line while getting there a lot. 16 for 16 last night. Just about every team we play has defenders just throw their arms up as to say "what the hell am I supposed to do to stop him?" It has been a joy to watch him play. Hopefully we have him for another year but who knows how that will play out. Now you know how we felt watching Woodside. Kind of a helpless feeling when you face an unstoppable player.

Miller is a stud. Dude can flat out play and I like his grit. You will win a lot of games in the Summit. Plenty of talent.

Again, good luck in Frisco!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Howdy Bison fans.

Headed up for the game last night. If I didn't know that Bison Nation was headed for Frisco I would have thought that Fargo was on fire with all the Bison vehicles headed south. Good luck on Saturday! Win it for MVFC!

Fargo has been a house of horrors for our MBB Team. Made the trip because we certainly had our best chance to get a win up there in a long time.

Always find the comments here interesting. As for the refs, I thought there was stuff both ways which is normal. Comments regarding AJ and Telly were spot on. Both can either score in bunches or diosappear. Telly was huge last night. His energy at the end of the first half set the tone for the rest of the game. When the Jacks play hard on the defensive end they are almost unbeatable for other Summit teams. Unfortunately for Jacks fans that hasn't always been the case.

What can you say about Daum? He is as advertised. There just isn't a good way to stop him one-on-one. His length is unreal and he shoots it well from way outside the arc and has great touch around the basket and shoots 85% from the line while getting there a lot. 16 for 16 last night. Just about every team we play has defenders just throw their arms up as to say "what the hell am I supposed to do to stop him?" It has been a joy to watch him play. Hopefully we have him for another year but who knows how that will play out. Now you know how we felt watching Woodside. Kind of a helpless feeling when you face an unstoppable player.

Miller is a stud. Dude can flat out play and I like his grit. You will win a lot of games in the Summit. Plenty of talent.

Again, good luck in Frisco!

SUPERBUNNY
    You weren't the guy in the front row behind the Jacks bench with the blue plaid shirt perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    You weren't the guy in the front row behind the Jacks bench with the blue plaid shirt perhaps?
    From the other side of the arena it sure looked like that guy was making a ass of himself. Was he loaded??????

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    Yea.. who was that jackass?? if he was a Father (which i assume he was..or a drunk uncle) what a piece of crap loudmouth he was!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?