Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/3 vs SDSU

Default Re: 1/3 vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    What impressed you about Rocky? He had his worst game in his young career. Bonehead over and back, missed a couple gimmie layups and stupid fouls. There was a reason Richman hardly played him in the second half. Agree with you on Ward and throw in a couple head scratching shots and turnovers with him on top of the whining.

He was a freshman going against a Junior Beast that will be the League player of the year, He made some freshmen mistakes but the potential is there and that was what I was looking for out of him tonight. He has potential to be good.

Default 1/3 vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He was a freshman going against a Junior Beast that will be the League player of the year, He made some freshmen mistakes but the potential is there and that was what I was looking for out of him tonight. He has potential to be good.
    The same “potential” BS was talked about with our upperclassmen when they were lower class men.

The excuses shitty play by players and tolerance for shitty coaching with both NDSU MBB and WBB blows my mind.

P.S. Used your post as segue to mine—not directed at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We had our opportunities at the end but as mentioned by others we missed some wide open 3's and some lay ups. Not sure why we didn't double team Daum when he was down low. Paul jumped down to double team Daum once near the end of the game and Daum turned the ball over and then fouled Paul. I was waiting for Daum to go Meadowlark Lemon on us and to start shooting hook shots from half court. I always found Tellinghuisen to be comparable to AJ. He can scored 25 or he can be a complete void. Tellinghuisen schooled us tonight.

Well, I see now you guys are having a hard time beating SDSU in basketball now too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Well, I see now you guys are having a hard time beating SDSU in basketball now too.
    yep. SDSU is now 2 for their last 12 in Fargo. the struggle is real.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    SDSU showed they are an experienced upperclassman led team in the 2nd half. Daum is a beast. He is a legit NBA talent. Not a 1 minute a game guy like Wolters but a guy that will play some minutes in bigs. Thought we defended pretty well especially againat the 3...if your name wasnt Mike Daum.
    Agree with your assessment, SDSU is a veteran team with the hands down league MVP. After an outstanding first half by the Bison their inexperience showed up in spots during the second half and SDSU capitalized. In mid-major basketball, experience is a huge factor in the outcome of games. Not making excuses, it's the facts. .

I will buy the inexperience argument to a point but inexperience did not miss wide open jumpers or lay ups and when I look up at the scoring and see 35 points for miller and no one else In double figures we are in trouble someone has to step up there offense or it's going to be a long season.i thought myself or would be Aj but I think we may have to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    AJ just absolutely lost. I have never seen a player regress as bad as him. He can't finish and is so damn indecisive and unsure what to do with the ball. He drives a wide open land and just stops and spins. Go hard and finish. Draw fouls and shoot free throws cuz he can at least do that fairly well and help your team out.
    For the record I saw paul miller do that last night at least once if not twice. Not defending Aj just wondering if it is part of our offense.

Speaking of...I rag on this weave a lot. Its fairly predictable. We start with a high screen usually by one of the bigs to get it started. Then we spin around and around until, someone cuts lane, we shoot a three, or we run out of shot clock.

It worked ok in the first half last night but that was dependent on 2 things
    1. We had a few people cutting the paint off it.
    2. We were hitting our threes.
    3. I think SDSU was just toying with us...you could see them jumping pass more in the 2nd half because it is so easy to figure out.

Once 1 and 2 stop, and 3, SDSU started forcing the issue on defense...we were lost. Right about with 12 minutes left we shifted to a traditional half court set and looked even more lost.

I coach middle school basketball. So My knowledge of offensive sets is probably very basic compared to a college coach. Having said that, I use a similar offense to the weave if and only if, my players cant remember where to go on the other sets. ie I always have one or 2 kids out of position and cant remember so I run this to just keep it simple an get something moving. its a desperation play because we cant remember anything else. And even then it's a pass and cut to the lane and rotate back out.

Like I said we were scoring off it in the first half, but I posted at that time...too much of the weave would turn out to be bad...and he rode it until it died. and thats when SDSU look the lead for good.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SINCE Daum is sooooo good at scoring the ball----could we have a gameplan to stop him??????? or slow him down???

every time in post...chase entry pass and double

when has ball on perimeter----when puts ball down...send a double

MAKE HIM A PLAYMAKER rather than a SCORER---

obviously don't have guys who can defend one on one but NEVER adjusted----till very late...Paul doubled in post and forced a turnover

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    SINCE Daum is sooooo good at scoring the ball----could we have a gameplan to stop him??????? or slow him down???

every time in post...chase entry pass and double

when has ball on perimeter----when puts ball down...send a double

MAKE HIM A PLAYMAKER rather than a SCORER---

obviously don't have guys who can defend one on one but NEVER adjusted----till very late...Paul doubled in post and forced a turnover
    I may be wrong and not saying this was the right call but I think our gameplan was to allow him to get his but shut down the role players. Unfortunately Telly made plays and shots to compliment Daum and was the difference in the game. We did not have someone step up to compliment Paul in the 2nd half.

We thought it was an entertaining game and I can live with our effort last night. Cannot say the same for some games I have seen.