Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/3 vs SDSU

Default 1/3 vs SDSU

7 pm tip off for this game tomorrow night.

Finally we put the non-conference behind us and into the season that actually matters. I don't really know what to make of the season to this point, we've beaten some pretty bad teams and been beaten by some pretty good teams.

I know these mid-week games can be a PITA to attend, but if you are a season ticket holder and are not going to make it.... please give your tickets to someone who will show up and make noise. If you can't find anyone, I'd encourage you to reach out to Big Brother/Big Sister of Fargo to see if they could use the seats (their phone # is (701) 451-4900).

Default Re: 1/3 vs SDSU

It is idiotic that the Summit still can't figure out that this game belongs on a Saturday when our students are not on winter break.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is idiotic that the Summit still can't figure out that this game belongs on a Saturday when our students are not on winter break.
    What you said and also I am not sure if I will make it. We might leave for Frisco early. If we do I will get my tickets to friends that will use them. They will not be as loud as me.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It really makes no sense for rivalry games to be scheduled over holiday break and/or during the week but at least it's early enough that most fans of both sports won't have left for Frisco yet so we should be able to get a decent crowd. There's plenty of students still in town or that have come back from break, it really shouldn't be that hard to get 500 to show up with our enrollment but I guess we'll see.

Big game! really sucks this is over the break. Summit League always seems to get these wrong.

As for the game. Going to be a big challenge. Interested to see how and who we put on Daum. Need to defend the 3 well.

My main beef is that the only games that need to be on a Saturday in this league are NDSU/SDSU and SDSU/USD.

I guess an argument could be made about USD/NDSU as well. Denver, WIU, ORU, IPFW, Denver and Omaha don't really have any established rivalries.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Big game! really sucks this is over the break. Summit League always seems to get these wrong.

As for the game. Going to be a big challenge. Interested to see how and who we put on Daum. Need to defend the 3 well.
    DEX used to keep him in check. I have no idea who that is this year. Daum could drop 40 on us tomorrow night.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SDSU comes in at 9-5 so far. The Jackrabbits are #78 RPI, NDSU is #93

- best win for the Jacks - Iowa (80-72) - Gotta love beating their B10 neighbors and going to the Grand Caymans to do it! Honorable mention win, Ole Miss in Oxford (99-97)

- best player for the Jacks (aka the Dauminator award)
    Still the Dauminator himself as a 4th year JR (SDSU pleading with him not to grad transfer next season).
    Daum at 21.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 42% on 3’s - gotta defend him on the perimeter also

- best sidekick for the Dauminator - 6’ 6” SR Reed Tellinghuisen - 12.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 43% 3fg

- best newcomer for the Jacks - 6’ 2” FR David Jenkins JR - 14.8 ppg

- best PG combo for the Jacks
    6’ 2” JR Tevin King, 9.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 2 spg
    5’ 10” JR Brandon Key, 6.6 ppg, 3.8 apg

- best 3 fg% - 6’ 5” SR Lane Severyn at 54%
    6’ 6” SR Skyler Flatten at 50%, 6.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg

- best thorn in paw for Jackrabbits - playing in Fargo.
    Last 5 trips to Fargo have resulted in a loss for SDSU.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-03-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Tonight should tell us whether this years team is contenders or pretenders. Let's go Bison!