Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 1/3 vs SDSU

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1/3 vs SDSU

I rewatched the game last night, couple observations:

1. In Coach Richman's post game interview he was talking about the team playing "hero ball" in the 2nd half. I counted only 3, maybe 4, forced shots in the 2nd half. We however missed many open looks and bunnies. Not sure what to think of his comments?

2. Coach had 2 timeouts in his back pocket with 3 minutes left in the game and for all intents and purposes the game was out of reach. He didn't call a timeout in the 2nd half until we were down 12 points. If you are so concerned about "hero ball" why not stop the momentum and refocus the guys?

3. The SDSU coach called a timeout to regroup his guys as soon as we cut the lead from 12 to 8 (just under 8 minutes left). We had made a 4 point run and he calmed the waters.

4. Not once did we close the gap or widen a lead when Daum was on the bench. Missed opportunities.

Just my thoughts, flame away.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post

1. In Coach Richman's post game interview he was talking about the team playing "hero ball" in the 2nd half. I counted only 3, maybe 4, forced shots in the 2nd half. We however missed many open looks and bunnies. Not sure what to think of his comments?

2. Coach had 2 timeouts in his back pocket with 3 minutes left in the game and for all intents and purposes the game was out of reach. He didn't call a timeout in the 2nd half until we were down 12 points. If you are so concerned about "hero ball" why not stop the momentum and refocus the guys?

3. The SDSU coach called a timeout to regroup his guys as soon as we cut the lead from 12 to 8 (just under 8 minutes left). We had made a 4 point run and he calmed the waters.

4. Not once did we close the gap or widen a lead when Daum was on the bench. Missed opportunities.

I don't think he was referencing forced shots as "hero ball". I think he was talking about how the offense would break down and the guys would just try to work 1 on 1 with a guy. Not moving the ball around, not moving without the ball, etc. I was also questioning why we didn't start fouling the last 2 minutes or so. We were starting to make a run and Richman did nothing about it.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I don't think he was referencing forced shots as "hero ball". I think he was talking about how the offense would break down and the guys would just try to work 1 on 1 with a guy. Not moving the ball around, not moving without the ball, etc. I was also questioning why we didn't start fouling the last 2 minutes or so. We were starting to make a run and Richman did nothing about it.
    Typically in a game where you're trailing by single digits you don't want to start fouling until there's about a minute left as the idea is to get a stop and a quick basket to get that lead down to 1 or 2 possessions before you start fouling. They shot 88% from the line that night and 75% on the season, we woulda been in double bonus after 2 fouls so you're looking to give them on average at least 3 points every 2 times they have the ball if you foul so unless we go down and hit a bunch of 3's on the other end you're not going to make up any ground by scoring 4 points to their 3 every 2 trips. I had no issue with how the fouling situation was done, I just wish we woulda fouled one more time to see if we could bury a 3 to get it down to 6 points or so and extend the game but when our previous possession ended by a reckless, fatigued looking turnover I can see why our chances had seemed to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post

Richman sucks. Everyone here knows this

I am as big of a Tyson ward fan as there is... but his immaturity showed through... with him playing well different game imo
    TRUST THE PROCESS

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I am as big of a Tyson ward fan as there is... but his immaturity showed through... with him playing well different game imo

Agree, if we had one more player contribute or hit open shots in the 2nd half, we would have been right in it at the end. As I said earlier in this thread, I was impressed with their effort that game.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Richman sucks. Everyone here knows this
    Got that right brother.

Nothing changes, still run the prevent you from winning offense.

Obvious difference in athletes just no comparison with the bunnies.

The arena would be rockin with some good sold exciting basketball.

To bad we didn’t get the Yote coach.