Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Why would p5 teams stop playing teams that would help their strength of schedule?

Boise had no problems scheduling Oregon va tech Georgia etc etc when they burst onto the scene

I think you're nuts to think playing MAC level teams is the same as playing YSU, UNI, USD etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    YOur talking about playing big games like iowa. If we are a g5 team and we start beating ranked p5 teams...people stop answering our calls again. and we find ourselves in the same situation we are right now. YOur argument is the competition is lacking where were at. Im countering that it will be lacking at the g5 level too...and when P5 teams stop answering our calls for non-con games...how is that any different than where we are right now? YOu really think p5 teams are more willing to lose to us if we were FBS/g5? vs being FCS? They want cupcakes or ranked P5 opponents for those games.
    I get what you dropping but not so sure I am 1100& agreeing on this one... to a point but it helps a lot that you are FBS and Not FCS

I don't think scheduling games against the P5 will be a problem if we were FBS, home games maybe but road money games no way.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So do you get “bored” of the Bison winning National Championships?

No need to add a red herring to the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course not. It’s nearly as absurd a notion as assessing the realness of another’s fandom.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Why would p5 teams stop playing teams that would help their strength of schedule?

Boise had no problems scheduling Oregon va tech Georgia etc etc when they burst onto the scene

I think you're nuts to think playing MAC level teams is the same as playing YSU, UNI, USD etc.

Doesn't losing to a team with a lower ranking hurt your strength of schedule?

I'm nuts? Look at the sagarin conference ratings. If I'm reading them right mvfc is right between the Mac west and east.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Doesn't losing to a team with a lower ranking hurt your strength of schedule?

I'm nuts? Look at the sagarin conference ratings. If I'm reading them right mvfc is right between the Mac west and east.
    everything in this conversation doesnt have to be that NDSU comes out on the winning end of these games.

Id be interested to know what MVFCs score is when you remove NDSU

everything in this conversation doesnt have to be that NDSU comes out on the winning end of these games.
    Well that's the other side of my argument. The opposite is we actually are a cupcake and get rolled by these teams and they keep inviting us back. That sounds fun.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Id be interested to know what MVFCs score is when you remove NDSU
    60.70 with, 59.10 without. No change in ordinal ranking against other divisions or conferences.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    60.70 with, 59.10 without. No change in ordinal ranking against other divisions or conferences.
    wow...wouldve never guessed. thought the valley would plummet. they still dont carry their own weight on the football field

Well that's the other side of my argument. The opposite is we actually are a cupcake and get rolled by these teams and they keep inviting us back. That sounds fun.
    I dont think NDSU would ever be considered a cupcake unless things go completely upside down. IF they were FBS, theyd be in the solid 25-50 range. So a top 30 win potentially would benefit some P5 teams more than their own conference mates.