Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Population is going up but football participation is going down. Lost 25K kids or so last year.
    How does it compare to ten years ago when the FCS/DI-AA was ruled by GSU and App State?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

What makes anyone think big p5 teams will schedule us if we are a g5 team? If we can beat them? Scheduling won't look much different than it does now .
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    What makes anyone think big p5 teams will schedule us if we are a g5 team? If we can beat them? Scheduling won't look much different than it does now .
    I'd say a 35 to 40th ranked FBS NDSU team helps their SOS more than a 110th ranked Akron team.

The losing to an fcs team title is the embarrassing part about these games

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'd say a 35 to 40th ranked FBS NDSU team helps their SOS more than a 110th ranked Akron team.

The losing to an fcs team title is the embarrassing part about these games
    Losing to a g5 team is undesirable to them. If we won a couple big games wed be right back where we are now in terms of getting those big games. Except there wed be stuck in g5 purgatory. It's not what you think it would be.

It’s a close call but I think rehashing shitty “real fan” bullshit arguments is slightly more annoying than rehashing shitty FBS or bust arguments. Personally, I’d prefer rehashing arguments about how there is way to much kicking in gridiron football and whether all the ‘fraidycat coaching says anything larger about management culture in the US.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s a close call but I think rehashing shitty “real fan” bullshit arguments is slightly more annoying than rehashing shitty FBS or bust arguments. Personally, I’d prefer rehashing arguments about how there is way to much kicking in gridiron football and whether all the ‘fraidycat coaching says anything larger about management culture in the US.
    LSU kicked from the 1 foot line against Notre Dame with 2 minutes to go.

They kicked from like the 1 earlier in the game... and missed.

What a bunch of bitches
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So do you get “bored” of the Bison winning National Championships?

No need to add a red herring to the argument.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Losing to a g5 team is undesirable to them. If we won a couple big games wed be right back where we are now in terms of getting those big games. Except there wed be stuck in g5 purgatory. It's not what you think it would be.
    If it's a high ranked g5 team they don't give a shit. Neither will the conference if p5 teams beat so called high ranked g5 team

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So do you get “bored” of the Bison winning National Championships?

No need to add a red herring to the argument.

Put it this way...the bison have won so many and will be in the running for so many in under 10 yrs...that my life is no different winning 5 compared to 8..heres another example...iff I was a hermantown hockey fan and hermantown won all of those A championships instead of finishing runner up....they'd be about where NDSU is for fcs and everybody, like now, thinks they need to move up.

Also winning a national championship this year for me, is more about shutting JMU and their 1 yr dynasty BS the hell up more than securing # 6

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    If it's a high ranked g5 team they don't give a shit. Neither will the conference if p5 teams beat so called high ranked g5 team
    YOur talking about playing big games like iowa. If we are a g5 team and we start beating ranked p5 teams...people stop answering our calls again. and we find ourselves in the same situation we are right now. YOur argument is the competition is lacking where were at. Im countering that it will be lacking at the g5 level too...and when P5 teams stop answering our calls for non-con games...how is that any different than where we are right now? YOu really think p5 teams are more willing to lose to us if we were FBS/g5? vs being FCS? They want cupcakes or ranked P5 opponents for those games.