Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yes it does. The competition in this level is extremely watered down and thin. Like I said earlier in this thread...if other fcs powers didn't bail, this level will be fun and competitive with rivalries.

Do you play Madden or ncaa football on rookie and freshman mode just to win 99% of your games? That's what this is to ndsu. There's literally nothing left to prove to anyone or any team at this level. Every fan base thinks this should be an fbs program and rightfully so.

Mind if I ask what you did to win national championships?
    How is the competition watered down exactly? When a team leaves, that gives other teams the ability to rise in their place and take the recruits those departing teams are no longer pursuing. The teams might change, but with the increase in population and each generation having an increase in athleticism, the competition is still going to be tough.

Video games? I'm too old to care.

National Championships were won with a lot of busting your-arse off work - most of which happened outside of practice.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I LOVE NDSU!! THATS WHY I WANT THEM AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL POSSIBLE!!

Why is that so hard for some of you to grasp? P5, G5, FCS Gene & Stony Brook AD lied to us when they said NDSU should always be in the 2nd tier.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How is the competition watered down exactly? When a team leaves, that gives other teams the ability to rise in their place and take the recruits those departing teams are no longer pursuing. The teams might change, but with the increase in population and each generation having an increase in athleticism, the competition is still going to be tough.

National Championships were won with a lot of busting your-arse off work - most of which happened outside of practice.
    Out of over 100 fcs teams, ndsu is favored by 2 tds+ outside of 2 of them. The majority are 3 or 4 td underdogs. How is that not watered down? The explanation you just gave was horrible.

What teams have risen up since gsu, app, cc left?

So you wont say what you won a natty in that makes them extra special?

Out of over 100 fcs teams, ndsu is favored by 2 tds+ outside of 2 of them. The majority are 3 or 4 td underdogs. How is that not watered down? The explanation you just gave was horrible.

Is the Bison being favored by the big of a margin a sign of teams getting weaker or NDSU getting better? What teams have risen in GSU and App State's place. Well, pretty much the whole MVFC conference is a good place to start.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the National Championships I've won or been a part of. If your wondering the sport, that's been explained numerous times on this board - wrestling. Team-wise, we won titles in 1998, 2000 and 2001. In fact, we had our 20-year anniversary last month during the Wofford game along with the 30-year anniversary of the 1988 team. Personally, I won a Greco-Roman title at the University Nationals in 2000, while beating an individual who would finish fourth at the Olympic Team Trials a few months later.
    Hail the BISON!!!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What happens if the bison don't win again?

Did lakes hack your account?

Think winning all the time sucks for UConn women's as there are exactly 1 to 2 teams that can win that every year.

We are stuck with cards we are dealt. The fact we have 6-8 future pros on every team at any given time is a testament to how good this program.

God Bless Craig Bohl, Gene Taylor, Chris Klieman, for making NDSU Great Again

and God Bless Donald Trump

I'm not sure UCF is the example the FBS naysayers should be making to the FBS or bust crowd.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Well I guess we made it to the 2nd day of the new year for the same old discussion.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Is the Bison being favored by the big of a margin a sign of teams getting weaker or NDSU getting better? What teams have risen in GSU and App State's place. Well, pretty much the whole MVFC conference is a good place to start.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the National Championships I've won or been a part of. If your wondering the sport, that's been explained numerous times on this board - wrestling. Team-wise, we won titles in 1998, 2000 and 2001. In fact, we had our 20-year anniversary last month during the Wofford game along with the 30-year anniversary of the 1988 team. Personally, I won a Greco-Roman title at the University Nationals in 2000, while beating an individual who would finish fourth at the Olympic Team Trials a few months later.
    Idk. You told me those recruits are slipping through the cracks that would normally goto gsu, app etc. Obviously they're not because the southern conference is crap and they're def. Not being picked up by MVFC teams...some of those teams just got better at recruiting but none have proven anything yet besides ndsu.

Sorta like the sec schools do the sec sec sec chant but bama does all of the heavy lifting?

I'm asking about your nattys because you said unless I won one...I wouldn't know the feeling

Idk. You told me those recruits are slipping through the cracks that would normally goto gsu, app etc. Obviously they're not because the southern conference is crap and they're def. Not being picked up by MVFC teams...some of those teams just got better at recruiting but none have proven anything yet besides ndsu.

Sorta like the sec schools do the sec sec sec chant but bama does all of the heavy lifting?

I'm asking about your nattys because you said unless I won one...I wouldn't know the feeling
    In regards to National Championships, the team titles were far more meaningful and fulfilling than my individual title. From that point on, you're a part of a brotherhood till the day you die.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Population is going up but football participation is going down. Lost 25K kids or so last year.
    College of Business Alumnus