Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    If NDSU had an opening in say 2022, does Nebraska answer the phone?
    That, I don't know. I do think SDSU is a better game for them than NDSU for the reasons TAB mentioned.

No way in hell NE or any other B1G or B12 team is going to schedule NDSU now or even if we were FBS until we start losing some of these games. It's a no win situation for them when they can schedule many more worse opponents, get easier wins and continue the fraud game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    No way in hell NE or any other B1G or B12 team is going to schedule NDSU now or even if we were FBS until we start losing some of these games. It's a no win situation for them when they can schedule many more worse opponents, get easier wins and continue the fraud game.
    Exactly what I was trying to say earlier in the thread. But you might have said it better.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Exactly what I was trying to say earlier in the thread. But you might have said it better.
    Yeah I didn't get that far before I had to post. There is a reason SDSU, UND and other schools have no problems getting these games scheduled and it has very little to do with dates.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    He doesn't want to lock in say a $500,000 guarantee when a couple years from now the going rate may be $1,0000,000. I agree that is a long way out but a game against someone like Nebraska may be worth the risk?
    That's a good point (even if the numbers are made up). I still scratch my head thinking why we are willing to go into 2024 but not 2026, as if two years makes that big of a difference. How much is Colorado paying us?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Let's just say, hypothetcally..Nebraska turns it around in 2024 or whatever, they're a top 6 team and it's only 4 teams in the playoffs. It's a down yr in the B1G so not many quality wins to be had. NDSU finds a home in fbs and are their normal self in the rankings. SDSU and Und are where they normally are but FCS.

Would Nebraska rather have a win vs UND or top 25-40 NDSU to get into the playoffs but also risk a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Let's just say, hypothetcally..Nebraska turns it around in 2024 or whatever, they're a top 6 team and it's only 4 teams in the playoffs. It's a down yr in the B1G so not many quality wins to be had. NDSU finds a home in fbs and are their normal self in the rankings. SDSU and Und are where they normally are but FCS.

Would Nebraska rather have a win vs UND or top 25-40 NDSU to get into the playoffs but also risk a loss?
    I just dont think they would want to play NDSU in that situation. If they are scheduling a non-con...its going to be against a cupcake or another top 15 team. Because a loss to another top 15 team doesnt hurt them as much and they could possibly recover from and still make the playoff as we have seen in the past few years. NDSU is way to great of a risk for them in that situation. Especially with our giant killer reputation. A loss to NDSU kills that season. Maybe I could see them scheduling a different 25-40, with less risk than NDSU. Im guessing they build their strength of schedule with other teams they play. NDSU is way too big a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    End, it ended up be meaningless, just like the two Boise undefeated teams. (Although, I do like them shoving the P5 into the light socket showing how shitty the system is.)
    I've read through the entire thread (8 pages as of right now), but I had to go back and respond to this post, which was the 3rd post in the thread. Can we just be clear about something...playing in the Peach Bowl on New Years Day is NEVER meaningless. Other than a few people on Bisonville, the entire universe of college football fans understand this. Getting to a New Year's 6 bowl game is one of the holy grails in college football, including for P5 teams. UCF vs. Auburn in the Peach Bowl had over 8 million viewers watching the game. I mean, seriously...
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I've read through the entire thread (8 pages as of right now), but I had to go back and respond to this post, which was the 3rd post in the thread. Can we just be clear about something...playing in the Peach Bowl on New Years Day is NEVER meaningless. Other than a few people on Bisonville, the entire universe of college football fans understand this. Getting to a New Year's 6 bowl game is one of the holy grails in college football, including for P5 teams. UCF vs. Auburn in the Peach Bowl had over 8 million viewers watching the game. I mean, seriously...
    Great ratings. I watched it too. It was new years. What else do you do or watch? But ...the game meant nothing. Just another game.

Matt Larson just now on the radio. Players come here because they want to play for championships.

I've seen 0 mention of this NDSU JMU game anywhere else besides this board and JMU board
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?