Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 142

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,645
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Observe what happened to UCF.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    20,018

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Played in the glitzy brand new billion dollar Mercedes Benz dome vs top 10 auburn and won?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,645
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Played in the glitzy brand new billion dollar Mercedes Benz dome vs top 10 auburn and won?
    End, it ended up be meaningless, just like the two Boise undefeated teams. (Although, I do like them shoving the P5 into the light socket showing how shitty the system is.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    20,018

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    End, it ended up be meaningless, just like the two Boise undefeated teams. (Although, I do like them shoving the P5 into the light socket showing how shitty the system is.)
    You do realize if you're not on the team...it's meaningless. Is your life any different or better if NDSU wins FCS champions 6,7,8 and 9 by 2023 than it is if they stayed at 5 or 6?

    You don't get a ring or anything. Or any of the accolades. Playing big teams on big stages and beating them is awesome. Beating JMU, Towson or JSU on espn2 doesn't add to the bill.

    And you'd be blind with fbs hate if you think fans get more fired up about championships 6 and 7 vs beating ranked Iowa or some other ranked school



    Fyi I wouldn't be so anxious to move up if teams like app, old dominion, gsu and CCU stayed.

    When it's ndsu, JMU and puds...is when you know this league sucks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    8,583

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    You do realize if you're not on the team...it's meaningless. Is your life any different or better if NDSU wins FCS champions 6,7,8 and 9 by 2023 than it is if they stayed at 5 or 6?

    You don't get a ring or anything. Or any of the accolades. Playing big teams on big stages and beating them is awesome. Beating JMU, Towson or JSU on espn2 doesn't add to the bill.

    And you'd be blind with fbs hate if you think fans get more fired up about championships 6 and 7 vs beating ranked Iowa or some other ranked school



    Fyi I wouldn't be so anxious to move up if teams like app, old dominion, gsu and CCU stayed.

    When it's ndsu, JMU and puds...is when you know this league sucks.
    Real Bison fans don't get tired of National Championships. Beating teams like Iowa is nice, but not as nice as DI Trophy.

    If NDSU were G5, victories over P5 teams wouldn't be as significant as those games would be played more often and it wouldn't be a David versus Goliath narrative anymore. NDSU, each year would get one or two nice away games, then a ton of crappy conference games, then "maybe" a decent bowl game. Then done eight to nine months. There's a reason why G5 schools don't have consistent fanbases that are excited. In my area, nobody talks up USAFA, CSU, UNM, NM State or Wyoming football. Those teams have nothing to be excited about, even when they are playing a P5 team. They're just jobbers of the FBS. Heck, CSU-Pueblo got more excitement in this area from football fans than those regional G5 teams a few years back when they beat MSU-Mankato for the DII Title. CU-Boulder got some last year when they were decent, but that disappeared pretty quickly this season when they returned to form, and they're a P5 team.
    Hail the BISON!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    10,448
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Beating JMU, Towson or JSU on espn2 doesn't add to the bill.

    Moving up would substantially add to my bill!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    20,018

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Fucking lol. You caught me Christopher moen. I'm not a true bison fan at all.

    NDSU fans get up a hell of a lot more beating Minnesota or Iowa compared to beating Sam Houston or Towson.


    You know why. Because when it comes to the dick measuring contest, fcs titles move the needle very little. Beating big name programs in their stadium is way more significant. NDSU does the unthinkable getting ap top 25 votes with a Kansas State road win and an undefeated yr. Sub out that kstate with south Carolina st. And we don't get that ever.


    Again...national championships are nice...if you're a player. After 7 or 8 of these this decade...it gets boring. Sorry to pop your "who's who when it comes to being a true bison fan bubble", Chris.


    I'll eagerly wait for your if you're so bored why are you getting tickets for the 10th season in a row response

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    8,583

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Fucking lol. You caught me Christopher moen. I'm not a true bison fan at all.

    NDSU fans get up a hell of a lot more beating Minnesota or Iowa compared to beating Sam Houston or Towson.


    You know why. Because when it comes to the dick measuring contest, fcs titles move the needle very little. Beating big name programs in their stadium is way more significant. NDSU does the unthinkable getting ap top 25 votes with a Kansas State road win and an undefeated yr. Sub out that kstate with south Carolina st. And we don't get that ever.


    Again...national championships are nice...if you're a player. After 7 or 8 of these this decade...it gets boring. Sorry to pop your "who's who when it comes to being a true bison fan bubble", Chris.


    I'll eagerly wait for your if you're so bored why are you getting tickets for the 10th season in a row response
    Again, winning National Championships doesn't get "boring" if you're a true fan regardless of who the Bison are playing. Perhaps you would understand this if you ever won one yourself. Personally, I was part of three National Championship teams and also have an individual title myself. Winning them never got old for us or our fans.

    In regards to being boring, find a G5 fanbase that isn't bored for the most part. They have nothing to show for when their season is done. This is why they don't show up for their home games or their bowl games.

    If you're into dick measuring contests, well, that's something you should keep between yourself and Sammy HuMann-Child.
    Hail the BISON!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    20,018

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Again, winning National Championships doesn't get "boring" if you're a true fan regardless of who the Bison are playing. Perhaps you would understand this if you ever won one yourself. Personally, I was part of three National Championship teams and also have an individual title myself. Winning them never got old for us or our fans.

    In regards to being boring, find a G5 fanbase that isn't bored for the most part. They have nothing to show for when their season is done. This is why they don't show up for their home games or their bowl games.

    If you're into dick measuring contests, well, that's something you should keep between yourself and Sammy HuMann-Child.
    Yes it does. The competition in this level is extremely watered down and thin. Like I said earlier in this thread...if other fcs powers didn't bail, this level will be fun and competitive with rivalries.

    Do you play Madden or ncaa football on rookie and freshman mode just to win 99% of your games? That's what this is to ndsu. There's literally nothing left to prove to anyone or any team at this level. Every fan base thinks this should be an fbs program and rightfully so.

    Mind if I ask what you did to win national championships?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,503
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Observe what happened to UCF.
    Bad Non Conference schedule Florida INTL, Maryland and Georgia Tech... if they play 2 big names and were still undefeated, they would've been in the final 4

    Playing SEC Auburn on a Jan 1 Bowl would give everyone Bison Boners for months!!
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •