Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    wow...wouldve never guessed. thought the valley would plummet. they still dont carry their own weight on the football field
    the MVFC is stupid good right now. Should have had 5 seeds, not just 5 playoff teams this year.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    the MVFC is stupid good right now. Should have had 5 seeds, not just 5 playoff teams this year.
    yikes. can the UNI's, SDSUs, WIU's and USD's sustain after big names leaving, new coaches, etc. is now the big question...

$81 million split between G5 conferences because of the CFPlayoff

The 100 plus FCS schools get to share $2.53m. Who negotiated this?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Put it this way...the bison have won so many and will be in the running for so many in under 10 yrs...that my life is no different winning 5 compared to 8..heres another example...iff I was a hermantown hockey fan and hermantown won all of those A championships instead of finishing runner up....they'd be about where NDSU is for fcs and everybody, like now, thinks they need to move up.

Also winning a national championship this year for me, is more about shutting JMU and their 1 yr dynasty BS the hell up more than securing # 6
    If you understood how difficult the journey and process of winning a National Championship is from an athlete, coach or staff's perspective, your life would be drastically different. Not one title is easy and not one title is based on just the Championship Game. A lot has to be done to get there and a lot of adversity has to be defeated.

There's a reason why being on a National Championship team gets these guys into the Champions Room, while winning a game against the likes of Iowa does not. They become a part of something that is much bigger than themselves and contribute to the legacy of the institution they represent.

In regards to Hermantown, that's not a fair comparison. Hermantown can tell the MSHSL that they're reclassifying as a AA team, and boom, it's done. NDSU doesn't get that freedom. The difference between the FCS and FBS isn't so much about the talent on the field as it is about the size and scope of the schools. The biggest underclassman university in the country is UCF, and they're just a G5 team. Notre Dame has the biggest endowment in the country, and due to bylaws, can't use even spend the money quick enough from the yearly interest due to the endowment's size. NDSU, sadly, isn't even in the realm of these schools.....yet.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Of course not. It’s nearly as absurd a notion as assessing the realness of another’s fandom.
    Not at absurd at all. Think of how our athletes would feel if they heard or read that some fans are tired/bored of them winning National Championships because they do it so much. Unless, you've been there, winning a National Championship is extremely difficult regardless of how easy the Bison make it look.

True fans shouldn't ever take greatness lightly. Catching lightning in a bottle is difficult and the Bison have been doing in for quite some time.

Fans that say it doesn't make their lives better that NDSU is winning Championships need a better understanding of what they're cheering for and why. If they do it for themselves, then they're doing for the wrong reason.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If you understood how difficult the journey and process of winning a National Championship is from an athlete, coach or staff's perspective, your life would be drastically different. Not one title is easy and not one title is based on just the Championship Game. A lot has to be done to get there and a lot of adversity has to be defeated.

There's a reason why being on a National Championship team gets these guys into the Champions Room, while winning a game against the likes of Iowa does not. They become a part of something that is much bigger than themselves and contribute to the legacy of the institution they represent.

In regards to Hermantown, that's not a fair comparison. Hermantown can tell the MSHSL that they're reclassifying as a AA team, and boom, it's done. NDSU doesn't get that freedom. The difference between the FCS and FBS isn't so much about the talent on the field as it is about the size and scope of the schools. The biggest underclassman university in the country is UCF, and they're just a G5 team. Notre Dame has the biggest endowment in the country, and due to bylaws, can't use even spend the money quick enough from the yearly interest due to the endowment's size. NDSU, sadly, isn't even in the realm of these schools.....yet.
    How many people were yelling to move up in the 80s when they won all those championships. Were they bored then as well. Hmmm How many were bored the next 20 years without a natty. How many were beating the drum to move up then as well. So in a very short period of time they are bored and have FBS penis envy because of our recent success.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How many people were yelling to move up in the 80s when they won all those championships. Were they bored then as well. Hmmm How many were bored the next 20 years without a natty. How many were beating the drum to move up then as well. So in a very short period of time they are bored and have FBS penis envy because of our recent success.
    C’mon now, you know the jump from DII to FCS is not the same as the jump from FCS to the irrelevant purgatory portion of the FBS.

The size and scope between those jumps are not comparable.

As far as people being bored of National Championships, that I don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I dont think NDSU would ever be considered a cupcake unless things go completely upside down. IF they were FBS, theyd be in the solid 25-50 range. So a top 30 win potentially would benefit some P5 teams more than their own conference mates.
    Yeah but again...your point was going FBS would get us more games against ranked FBS teams like the IOWa game. I just dont think that is any more true than it is where we are now. Sure we may get more games against the New Mexico States and Bowling greens of the world if that turns the dial for you. But big time ranked opponents like Iowa was? I think its a wash.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Yeah but again...your point was going FBS would get us more games against ranked FBS teams like the IOWa game. I just dont think that is any more true than it is where we are now. Sure we may get more games against the New Mexico States and Bowling greens of the world if that turns the dial for you. But big time ranked opponents like Iowa was? I think its a wash.
    Yep. JJ, for example made it clear on the Insiders NOT getting Nebraska was due to NDSU having FBS games scheduled in years they would have considered NDSU, thus they picked the Bunnies, etc.

I know it is painful, but there is nothing wrong with being a big fish in a small pond. NDSU plays football that is a top G5 level, and low to middle P5 level. We all know that and even some, not all, of the national media has finally understood that. BUT, we live in a geographically isolated location with not enough "eyeballs" and the FBS system is run by the P5 for the benefit of the P5 only. On top of that, you need to have an indoor stadium in Fargo, but yet the market cannot support a 40-50K facility which is what you would need to be a serious P5, top G5 level program. By going FBS, you don't automatically get games with the "name" schools and when you do, it will likely be at their house, not your own. You will NEVER get a P5 invite due to population issues.

I've come to accept this is as good as it gets. I HATE saying that. But we have a great conference situation right now, and I while I would admit I would find MWC teams more interesting, I'd rather play our current conference foes than the MAC. And those are the only two leagues NDSU should/could ever consider and they won't want NDSU because we a geographically isolated. On top of that, we have a great thing going with SDSU right now; they are playing great football, and they are a true rival. (Can't believe I am saying that, but the hatred has started which is part of my definition.) So just accept we are what we are, a football anomaly that fits no where. I just want to see us continue to pound the pavement for P5 games as yes, no matter what some wrestling fans say, it is MUCH more exciting to beat K St and Iowa than Towson, Sam Houston, etc in the natty. (I do admit this is the most interesting matchup NDSU has ever had in this game.)
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 01-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

I know it is painful,
    YOu forgot your purple on this. It never gets old hearing people complain about winning. I know longhorn is younger than me but Im not sure how much. Can I blame that attitude on the millenials?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club