Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Thumper and Longhorn..........don't you guys ever sleep?
    With the proper intake of alcohol, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

8 Schools That The Mountain West Could Look To Add....

"Mountain West Conference commissioner Craig Thompson has essentially admitted that the league is looking to expand. He told The San Diego Union Tribune that six school president or athletic directors have been contacted for a potential round of Mountain West expansion."

http://thespun.com/mountain-west/mou...on-gonzaga-byu

6 hours and no one wants to say that NDSU IS ON THE EXPANSION LIST!!!

all my emails/phone calls to Craig Thompson are bearing fruit
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post

"Mountain West Conference commissioner Craig Thompson has essentially admitted that the league is looking to expand. He told The San Diego Union Tribune that six school president or athletic directors have been contacted for a potential round of Mountain West expansion."

HAH- don’t be fooled by the MWC wishlist of the Mighty Grand Canyon Antelopes, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, or Gonzaga Zags. To include NDSU on this list may appear flattery, but is a laughable disgrace.

BIG 12 football needs a dominant northern foe, the likes of which can only be accomplished by one program... Poor B12 doesn’t even know they are beneath the grandeur of this special beast.

Thinking it a media coup and supposed favor to a mid-major, a Big 12 invite is in store. The Herd will reside there for a bit until transition to the SEC West where the standard will be adequate and new dominance may be attained.

Some, who are more in tune, consider this reality over wine and tax pages while we fans merely wait in anticipation.

Now I’m off to remove the Fargodome columns for expansion, even though seating requirements will be removed from this Big 12 agreement once Google buys the NCAA Media rights and YouTube shares and advertiser clicks surpass concession sales as the real conference prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post

I (like the idea / get the idea) of the Mountain West grabbing NDSU and SDSU as a pair. MWC gets a presence in the North with a couple unique programs that could be travel partners.

USD would become a great FCS representative.

...I wish they wouldn't put articles out like this unless it was realistic...
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

It’s not just us who go on about this, fwiw

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-fbs/80862644/

Here’s a gem – ‘They were DII before about 2002 and I believe the only reason they didn’t move up earlier was that they had a huge rivalry with the U of North Dakota, who still hasn’t moved up to FCS.’

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    It’s not just us who go on about this, fwiw

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-fbs/80862644/

Here’s a gem – ‘They were DII before about 2002 and I believe the only reason they didn’t move up earlier was that they had a huge rivalry with the U of North Dakota, who still hasn’t moved up to FCS.’
    They get partial credit.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Best line of the whole thread

Ok and Marshall is now back to being a bowl team. Pretty sure the vast majority of their fans would prefer to be FBS where you can get some recognition and be on TV over FCS where they'd get zero coverage and 1 or 2 games max on normal TV (and those would have to be playoff games).
    Yep. Nobody knows who they are, while also being discussed on a LSU message board.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Best line of the whole thread

Yep. Nobody knows who they are, while also being discussed on a LSU message board.
    I know Marshall for two reasons. Randy Moss and We Are Marshall. If I didn't know them for those reasons I would never been able to remember Pennington went there because my brain would have had nothing to associate it with. Pennington -> Moss -> Marshall for me.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    End, it ended up be meaningless, just like the two Boise undefeated teams. (Although, I do like them shoving the P5 into the light socket showing how shitty the system is.)

How much prestige and money did UCF gain in that bowl, both for recruiting and paying the bills?

While the FCS has a TRUE playoff system and the FBS only has 2 playoff games and then NC. The UCF vs Aubern game is as valid as any win as any FCS "playoffs" win 9UCF EARNED IT). I do believe that the FBS will have an 8 team playoff system in the next 6 years. I also believe that the FBS G5 teams will have an 8 team playoff system in the same amount of time. If a G5 team like UCF can jump to a TOP 12 P5 bowl then let them.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison