Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Default Re: For the FBS or bust crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    YOu forgot your purple on this. It never gets old hearing people complain about winning. I know longhorn is younger than me but Im not sure how much. Can I blame that attitude on the millenials?
    You can blame Longhorn for everything. He likes it.

One last comment......lets not forget how important NDSU is to FCS football right now. Yes, other fans may find that arrogant, but it is true. NDSU staying in the division is good to help keep high quality programs like Montana, JMU, etc in the division. We, along with Montana are kind of the glue that is holding it together, and NDSU is driving the quality of football higher. We regularly beat out G5 teams for recruits. We have influenced other MVFC teams to be better (see SDSU and USD). We have pulled the conference to a Sagarin rating higher than many G5 conferences. Yet that is better? I just don't get it.

I don't see anything wrong with the FBS pushers. I would hate to have what happened in the 90's happen again to the Bison happen again. I am hopeful this will keep the admin on their toes and watching for potential shifts in FBS. As it stands currently I am completely happy with FCS...but I don't blame anybody for wanting to move up. If things change in the FBS structure, I would jump on the FBS bandwagon immediately.

Also, I don't mind it getting rehashed. Just because it was talked about doesn't mean it can't be talked about again. Are new members just expected to sift through old threads as it was already discussed?

I get that Longhorn is just a pretty face* that shouldn't speak (unless ez gives him the go-ahead), but the rest should be able to discuss. But then Georgia Southern's fate should be looked at to see what can happen when your coach gets taken...and then the wrong hire is made.

*Term used loosely.**
    **Because he's a looser.***
    ***Only a looser would have a Frisco Cruiser that doesn't cruise to Frisco.****
    ****twatwaffle

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the FBS pushers. I would hate to have what happened in the 90's happen again to the Bison happen again.
    100% agree, but that was a completely different situation where we always should have been 1-AA from the beginning. With that said, I'd be the first one screaming to move if the G5 and P5 split ever happens. It cracks me up that the P5 stacks the deck against G5, but acts like, in theory, they are all in the same division, but then don't treat them that way and the G5 are so proud they can't admit they are getting hosed.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep. JJ, for example made it clear on the Insiders NOT getting Nebraska was due to NDSU having FBS games scheduled in years they would have considered NDSU, thus they picked the Bunnies, etc.
    So Nebraska didn't have an issue with playing NDSU, the schedules just didn't line up?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    So Nebraska didn't have an issue with playing NDSU, the schedules just didn't line up?
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Correct. JJ was very clear on that; it had nothing to due with Nebraska being "scared" etc. The issue was NDSU has games in even numbered years. Oregon in 2020, Arizona in 2022, and Colorado in 2024. The even numbered years are the years B1G West teams can play an FCS. The East teams are open on the odd number years, so he alluded to that is a possibility. With that said, probably aren't many of those NDSU can beat outside of Rutgers, Indiana, and Maryland and those are not easy trips for fans. Further, the longer the trip, the higher the expenses for the traveling team. On top of that, he said NDSU is not willing yet to schedule 2026.

So, even though TAB made fun of it a bit, the schedules not lining up are exactly the reason they are not playing; the ability to even schedule them is a brand new things, and NDSU had those spots filled.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Correct. JJ was very clear on that; it had nothing to due with Nebraska being "scared" etc. The issue was NDSU has games in even numbered years. Oregon in 2020, Arizona in 2022, and Colorado in 2024. The even numbered years are the years B1G West teams can play an FCS. The East teams are open on the odd number years, so he alluded to that is a possibility. With that said, probably aren't many of those NDSU can beat outside of Rutgers, Indiana, and Maryland and those are not easy trips for fans. Further, the longer the trip, the higher the expenses for the traveling team. On top of that, he said NDSU is not willing yet to schedule 2026.

So, even though TAB made fun of it a bit, the schedules not lining up are exactly the reason they are not playing; the ability to even schedule them is a brand new things, and NDSU had those spots filled.
    I think the truth may lie somewhere in the middle, dates didn't line up and we may not be the first choice of MVFC teams the Nebraska wants to play. The rhetoric from JJ could be passed off as plausible this time because those dates were already filled for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I think the truth may lie somewhere in the middle, dates didn't line up and we may not be the first choice of MVFC teams the Nebraska wants to play. The rhetoric from JJ could be passed off as plausible this time because those dates were already filled for us.
    No way. Absolute truth. B1G scheduling rules just changed; all those game were booked. It is not like we can tell PAC 12 schools to piss off. I know we want to think we are bigger than we are, but in this case it is simply not true. He was slightly mocking NDSU fans when he talked about it.

No way. Absolute truth. B1G scheduling rules just changed; all those game were booked. I know we want to think we are bigger than we are, but in this case it is simply not true. He was slightly mocking NDSU fans when he talked about it.
    Absolute truth? You personally know the AD at Nebraska? What is given as a reason and what is the reason can be totally different things...and when you have a "good" excuse...makes things easy. Nebraska scared? No, I wouldn't think that...but playing us is a no-win situation for them. Beating SDSU won't be as hard, and it helps them win the walk-on battle vs SDSU scholarship offers.