Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2018

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2018

Yeah. I'm referring to Tim McKee and Gavin Kaysen. If you have not dined at these establishments they are amazing. I would eagerly try anything they deemed worthy of opening. I had forgotten that Paul Berglund (sp?) also had a Beard award. So there are three.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah. I'm referring to Tim McKee and Gavin Kaysen. If you have not dined at these establishments they are amazing. I would eagerly try anything they deemed worthy of opening. I had forgotten that Paul Berglund (sp?) also had a Beard award. So there are three.
    I got ya now. You were referring to the chefs. I thought you meant the restaurant itself. Not sure how the beard award works. Thx for the info though.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Wow. I honestly starting smelling the brisket when I saw that photo.
    As posted in the smack section, soon UN- will be tasting and smelling the brisket remnants we send downstream to them. My wife got the Dutch oven smelling experience from brisket.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Ok have to ask....what is Yhracaroni?
    No idea. But it goes well with cheese.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I'll 3rd that... seems as tho TSCF was "the guy to meet" on this trip! Visited with him during the playoffs, & once again in Frisco!
    4th... hung out with him& friends pre&post tailgating...they always have great food!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'll second that shoutout to TSCF as I was fortunate enough to enjoy he and Luke's company in the club at MSP on the way down. Thanks again TSCF - it was great to meet you both!
    My favorite quote of the trip was provided by GreenfieldBison, something like, "Domestic air travel just isn't that great after you've gotten used to private." (and he wasn't talking about just twin engines like Dom and Jeff use.....)

This is a complete aside, but if you ever find yourself around LeMars, IA, Archie’s Waeside is probably the best steak house I've ever been to, and WAY lower prices than what you'd find in a big city. In 2015, they were received a James Beard Foundation award in 2015 for being one of America’s Classics. Absolutely phenomenal.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...best/85521338/

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This is a complete aside, but if you ever find yourself around LeMars, IA, Archie’s Waeside is probably the best steak house I've ever been to, and WAY lower prices than what you'd find in a big city. In 2015, they were received a James Beard Foundation award in 2015 for being one of America’s Classics. Absolutely phenomenal.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...best/85521338/

In what state did you say Archie's Waeside is located?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    In what state did you say Archie's Waeside is located?
    Yep, living in Sioux Falls has the advantage of being able to play real, live no-limit poker and being relatively close to Archie's......

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."