Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2018

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is your yearly Sioux City Sucks reminder.
    If you’re bored, venture across the river to South Sioux City...I hear it’s quite nice this time a year.

Fun fact: I bought a stroller in Sioux City from someone on Craigslist. Walked up to the apartment and the front yard was totally decked out in Bison stuff. Got a great deal on the stroller too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Where am I?
    Maybe this was the real reason Bisontracker was invented. To help Bison fans get back to their herd in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Where am I?
    Have you been drinking chocolate milk again????

We left Fargo at noon and made it to Emporia, KS. I was amazed at how few Bison we saw coming down compared to the 5 previous trips down. We passed 2 cars and haven't seen anyone at stops. Where is everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by PAC Bison View Post
    We left Fargo at noon and made it to Emporia, KS. I was amazed at how few Bison we saw coming down compared to the 5 previous trips down. We passed 2 cars and haven't seen anyone at stops. Where is everyone!
    Kansas turnpike gas station guy definitely saw plenty of us. Asked if JMUs colors are red and blue.

Oklahoma City. Must be getting close, think I can smell brisket.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    i think he’s saying waiting to Nebraska City and taking 75 to Topeka is only 8 miles longer than getting on 81 earlier.
    Correct but on the tracker you can clearly see the slim line that is on US81 in Nebraska. The thicker line is on US 75 and I-29 to the east (which is debatable on "speed" probably depends if you hit the 3am train at the one rail crossing... Right longhorn?).

I used Pierre SD it gives 81 as fastest route, also is for Bismarck 83 down and cut over somewhere to 81, but it is only 15 mins faster have to think you hit any sort of slowdowns you could chew that 15 mins quick, not to mention those roads are middle of nowhere for any good stopping spots.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Im the asshole.

Yea that makes no sense. assuming most people even from Bismarck/Minot/Western NoDak took 94 to Fargo instead of shitty highways through North Dakota/ South Dakota/Nebraska/Kansas. Google maps has it pegged at almost 100 more miles, but only 30 min slower going through Fargo. Maybe theyre trying to use as least amount of gas as possible? a lot of odd thinkers when it comes to cross country travels
    Mu guess is they are avoiding "traffic" and then tollways through Kansas, Oklahoma. Couple years ago I knew a crew did that just to avoid $15 (or whatever it is) tolls. Made no sense but cheap is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    How? It is only 8 miles shorter than the 29-US75-135-35? No way going thru all those small towns and turns are faster unless you start in central to west SD....
    I misread your original question but regardless, I know people who live in Wichita and have made the trip 100+ times. They say there is no real difference between 75 and 81. Although some of that may depend on what part of Wichita they are headed to.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dinner at the Shoppes at Legacy and walked about a bit last night. Everyone and I mean everyone one in Green and Gold. Only locals were the ones in the mercedes, BMW's and Porches. Weather was about 40 so everyone thought it was balmy.

Not much JMU presence but maybe they go somewhere else.