Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2018

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Sunday afternoon around 12:30 pm, I was chatting with a couple wearing JMU gear in the Delta terminal at DFW. Low and behold, THEsocalledfan and son Luke approached us and asked me if I had ever been in the Delta Sky Lounge. Since I hadn't, I joined him. What a place to spend a couple of hours !! Free beer, wine, and food; comfortable leather chairs and big screen tv's all around. It just doesn't get any better than that when a person has a 3:00 pm flight. A big SHOUTOUT to TSCF, thanks again; much appreciated.
    I'll second that shoutout to TSCF as I was fortunate enough to enjoy he and Luke's company in the club at MSP on the way down. Thanks again TSCF - it was great to meet you both!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    EZ, they've been featured on national TV and it listed as the #2 place for BBQ snobs in TX.
    I'd crush what he posted and twice on Sundays....but itd be tough to beat central texas que. I'd have to ask the guys on shaggy where they'd rank pecan. Best in Texas is a bold statement if you've never been to luling, Austin, lockhardt, Houston, etc

EZ, they've been featured on national TV and it listed as the #2 place for BBQ snobs in TX.

Here's a local take on rating the goods. Looks like we need a volunteer to go to Bryan, TX just because.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/th...ints-in-texas/

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    How many people?...im confused by your question...one?

There was 5 of us.

Hail the BISON!!!

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    The trough feeds 4-5. Shared two across our group on Friday. Very good. Also yhracaroni and cheese!
    Ok have to ask....what is Yhracaroni?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

I'm aware of what it is, no question. That's legit Texas BBQ(better than seeing posts about Rudy's), but there is a reason the first BBQ chef to win a James Beard award was not at Pecan Lodge.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I'm aware of what it is, no question. That's legit Texas BBQ(better than seeing posts about Rudy's), but there is a reason the first BBQ chef to win a James Beard award was not at Pecan Lodge.
    Just for credibility, is this James Beard award voted on by the people who vote for the FCS coach's poll?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Say what you will but Rudy's hit the spot after the game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Just for credibility, is this James Beard award voted on by the people who vote for the FCS coach's poll?
    Um, if you get a chance to dine at an establishment boasting a James Beard award winner - just pony up the $$$ and go. We have a couple in the Twin Cities. That is like an Oscar in the foodie world.

https://www.jamesbeard.org/awards
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 01-08-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: add link

I loved rudys when I went there in 2013 but I'm not crowning a chain restaurant king of bbq