Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    ES pass completion ratio is like 68%. his long ball is on target. nothing wrong with his game. having safeties bite up invites the long ball middle of the field
    Let me say this first as to not piss off anyone. ES is a damn good QB and seems to be over his mid season slump. We need him to play at a high level Saturday but I hope we don't have to throw 30 times. (Last years game he had 38 attempts).
    On the season Teams have completed 44% of their passes against JMU's defense and the Dukes have 31 int's! They have a very good pass defense and the Bison need to stay out of obvious passing situations. We need to stay on schedule, can't have 2nd or 3rd and long situations. If we have limited success running the ball early we have to be patient. Play action pass and spread the ball around.
    Defensively I am much more confident. Last year we gave up too many big plays and many were when we had them in 3rd and long. If we don't give up the big play I don't see JMU putting a lot of points on the board. Personally I would bet the under on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Anyone who thinks this game is going to be one-sided one way or another is just dead wrong. Two very good teams that don't make a lot mistakes and play sound defense. Can't wait till Saturday!
    The Bison don't play sound defense. Their defense has dominated the competition all year long.

The Bison defense has given up 3 touchdowns in the last 4 games.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After watching their game against Weber State,

JMU is all about run-run-run, between Marshall, Sharp and QB they try to run the ball in variety of ways.
    3rd and Long, JMU QB Brian Schor is looking at their WR Riley Stapleton.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGHlaFKADos
    Against Weber State , during the 1st qrtr, they might attempted 5 passes in total and 3 of these were towards WR Riley Stapleton.

22:41 - 3rd and long, Brian Schor first read is Riley Stapleton
    28:57 - 2nd and long, Brian Schor throws a pass to Riley Stapleton
    - Next play again Brian Schor targets Riley Stapleton

If we can stop their running game and lock down Riley Stapleton then I think we have a good chance.

Bison on Offense should play a clean game and no unnecessary penalty. If we are in 3rd and long situation i will guarantee JMU will bring an extra Nickle back and try to shutdown our receivers. It is very hard throwing to our receivers covered by their CBs.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Too many people here are underestimating Stick’s throwing ability.

First, he’s a pretty good passer. Second, his back isn’t messed up like it was last year (probably due to the Iowa game). Third, he’s not going to force to play it safe as this is the last game and Cole is healed. Lastly, the mustache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem I see with Stick is he locking on to one receiver, if a DB follows his eyes it is easy to tell where he is going to throw. Also he is not good a managing the game like Brock. Brock did not have the arm strength like Stick or Carson but he was amazing at making checks and calling the right plays, case in point, Kansas State game 4th qrtr. Easton lacks these abilities.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Tanners Overland Park. Details here: https://www.ndsualumni.com/2018/cham...-watch-parties
    I was in KC during the Illinois State game and stopped by this watch party. Not a very big room, but the guy who hosts it was super nice, as were the other people there.
    Last edited by Bison Bridge Guy; 01-05-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    The problem I see with Stick is he locking on to one receiver, if a DB follows his eyes it is easy to tell where he is going to throw. Also he is not good a managing the game like Brock. Brock did not have the arm strength like Stick or Carson but he was amazing at making checks and calling the right plays, case in point, Kansas State game 4th qrtr. Easton lacks these abilities.
    Your trolling never improves because you say the same thing, regardless if it is accurate or not. Try using Easton’s complete Junior season (or at least the playoffs) if you’re going to be a critic.

Cherry-picking his bad moments from only a few games doesn’t make you an analyst, but rather an anal idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Does anyone know if there are sports bars showing the game Saturday in Kansas City? Especially, if there are any groups getting together at a bar.
    Brad has a pretty good group at Tanners in Overland Park. I plan to be watching at Danny's Sports Bar & Grill in the Legends. 10940 Parallel Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66109 They usually put it up on the big screen with no sound, I listen to Jeff, Phil & Jeremy on 1660 during the game.