Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Default Re: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

As always his posts are a waste. Off to settings to block this jock sniffing douche

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Jacks panicked and went all Big Sky on them... Had they stuck to the run and not fumbled repeatedly and put themselves in 3rd and a mile, would have been totally different game. One of the worst game plans and execution I have ever seen
    It was worse than big sky, they just thought we will throw 50/50 jump balls to weineke and hope he can make a play. It was straight up play ground school ball. Some of the worst decisions ever. Seemed like they thought it couldn't get worse after the first turnover but it did

4-2-5 was used by TCU primarily to stop the spread. It is an excellent defense and can be adjusted against the run, but it is not suited to it. Safetys will cheat. Since TCU made it popular it has been picked up by numerous NFL teams that use parts of it. I know the Seahawks and Patriots have messed around with it.

Saying all this, NDSU offense last year had a lot of spread in it. That played into JMU's strength. Every system can be broken, the 4-2-5 is no different. Coach Messingham has probably seen Big 12 teams run it at Iowa State already unlike Polasek. It can be exploited with play action, quick 3 step drops and slants. Basically, IMO NDSU will have to go to a more WCO. Stick will need quick 1st and 2nd reads with chances to take off. It will take some re-engineering of how NDSU does things.

Last years team had no real pass threat, weather it be because of coaching or players. This year is different. Our TEs and RBs can catch and Stick has gotten much better, our WRs are an average group as far as separation. A little bit of passing to some unconventional targets from what people have seen in the past from us, will make them wonder. It will open up the run game. Dare JMU to load 8 in the box, and hit a TE or a RB out of the backfield for a short pass but big gain after the catch. Keep leaning on the JMU defensive line (they are smaller than most we have seen in the valley) with power runs up the middle. The Bison have the players to make this game look easy, the big question is, will they make it harder than it should be.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Other than Bison coaches watching specific film on JMU position players, there wasn't much to take from the SDSU game, 10 turnovers!!! I believe the odds of winning an NFL game with 3 or more turnovers is 10-20%??? (ball park figure)

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Other than Bison coaches watching specific film on JMU position players, there wasn't much to take from the SDSU game, 10 turnovers!!! I believe the odds of winning an NFL game with 3 or more turnovers is 10-20%??? (ball park figure)
    To me 3-4 turnovers can be done by a very good defense. 10 turnovers has more to do with a REALLY bad day for the offense than any particular ability by the defense unless there is a vast talent differential. And the national semi-finals with 2 seeded teams does NOT have that kind of talent differential.

Instead of watching SDSU, should re-watch Weber St for a better scouting report?

Bison 36 JMU 10 Bet the spread and get rich

If we aren't really physical with them, I will be upset. I want to see our d-backs playing some bump and run coverage to throw off timing and allow pressure to get to QB.

Last year their CB were able to man up our WRs 1 on 1 and they dumped everyone else in the box to stop the run. I suspect they will do the same thing this year. For us to be successful either:

1) Our WR need to beat the CB to pull the safeties away from the line.
    or
    2) Our TEs need to be able to get open down field.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.