Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Default Re: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Too many people here are underestimating Stick’s throwing ability.

First, he’s a pretty good passer. Second, his back isn’t messed up like it was last year (probably due to the Iowa game). Third, he’s not going to force to play it safe as this is the last game and Cole is healed. Lastly, the mustache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Too many people here are underestimating Stick’s throwing ability.

First, he’s a pretty good passer. Second, his back isn’t messed up like it was last year (probably due to the Iowa game). Third, he’s not going to force to play it safe as this is the last game and Cole is healed. Lastly, the mustache.

Maybe I am underestimating ES throwing ability. I just don't know that he has the accuracy. Maybe I am just comparing him to Carson. To me he reminds me of Jensen, someone who would make the play you needed to win the game and, more important, wouldn't make the costly mistake to lose the game. But I don't know if Stick makes that drive at the end of the 2014 National Championship game. I just don't think he has the arm for it. Maybe I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Maybe I am underestimating ES throwing ability. I just don't know that he has the accuracy. Maybe I am just comparing him to Carson. To me he reminds me of Jensen, someone who would make the play you needed to win the game and, more important, wouldn't make the costly mistake to lose the game. But I don't know if Stick makes that drive at the end of the 2014 National Championship game. I just don't think he has the arm for it. Maybe I am wrong.
    Check the current record books. If they are any indication it shows hes pretty good.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stick does NOT have the arm strength of Carson---

I do like the comparison of Jensen to Stick---only thing---Jensen was more accurate on the deep throws---Stick faster when running the ball
    I do really like the job Coach Messingham has done with getting the ball out of Stick's hand faster (I strongly believe Stick not great on progression of reads) and using our TE's in passing game.
    Kudos to Stick--he has played very well in the playoffs---with that said---I think the competition is lower level MVFC---but STILL has made plays in the passing game!
    Stick WILL LEAD the BISON to the NATONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on SATURDAY----DUNN will be back---setting up HUGE plays in PLAY ACTION in the middle of the field to our TE's---calling Mr. Illies 100 yard game!!!
    I really want to see Mr. DeLuca and Mr. Tanguay SHOW the DUKES what they missed last year in the FargoDome and both make some big plays!

GO BISON!! THE MARCH IS ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Check the current record books. If they are any indication it shows hes pretty good.
    I am not saying that Stick isn't a very good QB. Just that his throws aren't super-accurate. But he is a better runner than Wentz. Wentz could get out of trouble but Stick is more likely to torch a team on a designed run IMO. Two very different QBs. To me I love Stick's leadership. I admit I was nervous his first couple games as a Red-Shirt Freshman. I thought he was going to do his best but would wilt under the pressure of MVFC games. He didn't.

I am not saying that Stick isn't a very good QB. Just that his throws aren't super-accurate. But he is a better runner than Wentz. Wentz could get out of trouble but Stick is more likely to torch a team on a designed run IMO. Two very different QBs. To me I love Stick's leadership. I admit I was nervous his first couple games as a Red-Shirt Freshman. I thought he was going to do his best but would wilt under the pressure of MVFC games. He didn't.
    Watch the SHSU game over again. I can't remember a pass he threw that wasn't EXACTLY where it needed to be. I'm sure there were a few that were head scratchers (I could be confusing this with the Wofford game) but I haven't seen a QB be THAT accurate in a Bison game in a long, long time. I really wish we could trade that performance for whatever Stick puts up on Saturday. It was that good. And I'm not saying Saturday can't be better, but it's going to be really difficult to top. Hope he rides that performance through this game and Bison Nation is celebrating a championship, that Stick absolutely deserves. Really impressed with him.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I think some of here are giving the JMU too much credit for last year’s game.

Trust me, they’re good, but not the best Easton has played against (remember that team that had that Desmond King guy).

Hail the BISON!!!

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know if there are sports bars showing the game Saturday in Kansas City? Especially, if there are any groups getting together at a bar.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ES is a good QB, his problem is consistency. Some games he has just been "off", others fire.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Does anyone know if there are sports bars showing the game Saturday in Kansas City? Especially, if there are any groups getting together at a bar.
    Tanners Overland Park. Details here: https://www.ndsualumni.com/2018/cham...-watch-parties
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie