Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

I just watched JMU vs Jacks game last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAcGCigZrus

and boy JMU dbs are good. One guy stood out on defense, that is Jimmy Moreland #6. He was matched 1-1 with Jacks WR/TE. Wineke and Goedert and he was everywhere.

Here are some plays by Moreland, pass breakups, interceptions etc

6: 53 Moreland stop on Wienke
    7: 39 Moreland breaks a pass intended for Wieneke
    8: 21 Deep pass to Wieneke and pushed out of bound by Moreland
    13:43 Forces an incomplete pass intended for Wineke,
    14:17 Jimmy Moreland, forces an incomplete on a pass intended for Wieneke
    20:45 Jimmy Moreland, tackles Tyrin Christian for a loss
    21.23 Picks off a deep pass intended for Jacks Wr
    24:50 Tackles Wieneke , which would have been a TD.
    35:02 Picks off pass for Wineke

On offense, the JMU Dukes, mix up their plays very well. Lot of hard running by their RB Marshall and Sharp, tunnel passes, play-action, pitch and catch,
    One thing that stood out is, their QB Brian Schor 1st option is the little 6-5 WR Riley Stapleton.

16:56 Third and goal, pass to 6'-5 WR Riley Stapleton for a TD
    3rd and short, 1st read is 6'-5 WR Riley Stapleton
    53:50 Third and goal, pass to 6'-5 WR Riley Stapleton for a TD

Jacks were unable to complete any pass when they threw to their receivers covered by Moreland. So I were Easton I would keep an eye on Jimmy Moreland and their defensive lineman Andrew Ankrah. On defense BISON should have a good plan to cover Riley Stapleton, if JMU is in the red-zone 9/10 times I am certain that Brain Schor will throw the ball to Riley Stapleton , if they decided to pass.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Default Re: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Have you contacted Coach K, and provided him with your adroit analysis? We may have to scrap the game plan based on your findings

The SDSU Left Tackle got owned so I would assume Their RDE is a beast

Looking at their D-line not a lot of weakness. 3 of the 4 guys are tall. One is only 6-1 but super quick. The only advantage is a weight advantage

DARRIOUS*CARTER*6-5 / 235
    SIMEYON*ROBINSONHT./WT.*6-1 / 264
    *ANDREW*ANKRAH*6-4 / 248
    *CORNELL*URQUHART*6-4 / 280

They also run a 4-2-5 which makes it very difficult to throw the ball but if we keep running the ball we could wear some of them out.

What we don't want to do is play to their strength. Can't be doing a bunch of 5 step drops or their pass rush will be brutal.

Run the ball, playaction, draws, screens, and TEs... Receivers need to block well. Misdirection. We can cut Easton loose. A well timed trick play could be good. Need to be patient and methodical.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

No way this is the real JMU vs NDSU thread.

Zero mention of streamers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post

and boy JMU dbs are good. One guy stood out on defense, that is Jimmy Moreland #6. He was matched 1-1 with Jacks WR/TE. Wineke and Goedert and he was everywhere.

On offense, the JMU Dukes, mix up their plays very well. Lot of hard running by their RB Marshall and Sharp, tunnel passes, play-action, pitch and catch,
    One thing that stood out is, their QB Brian Schor 1st option is the little 6-5 WR Riley Stapleton.

Jacks were unable to complete any pass when they threw to their receivers covered by Moreland. So I were Easton I would keep an eye on Jimmy Moreland and their defensive lineman Andrew Ankrah. On defense BISON should have a good plan to cover Riley Stapleton, if JMU is in the red-zone 9/10 times I am certain that Brain Schor will throw the ball to Riley Stapleton , if they decided to pass.
    Are you on crack? I am watching the first drive of the game and so far three passes have been completed on Moreland, and he also committed a penalty to prevent a pass completion. All this before the fumble on the games first drive.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Update, watched the 1st quarter and Moreland had passes completed on him 5 times. What game were you watching that Moreland did not allow a completed pass??
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The SDSU Left Tackle got owned so I would assume Their RDE is a beast

Looking at their D-line not a lot of weakness. 3 of the 4 guys are tall. One is only 6-1 but super quick. The only advantage is a weight advantage

DARRIOUS*CARTER*6-5 / 235
    SIMEYON*ROBINSONHT./WT.*6-1 / 264
    *ANDREW*ANKRAH*6-4 / 248
    *CORNELL*URQUHART*6-4 / 280

They also run a 4-2-5 which makes it very difficult to throw the ball but if we keep running the ball we could wear some of them out.

What we don't want to do is play to their strength. Can't be doing a bunch of 5 step drops or their pass rush will be brutal.

Run the ball, playaction, draws, screens, and TEs... Receivers need to block well. Misdirection. We can cut Easton loose. A well timed trick play could be good. Need to be patient and methodical.
    I heard on the radio that there are 2-3 guys on their D-Line that are potential late round pick in 2018 draft.I agree, excluding that Jacks RBs fumble in the 1st or 2nd play, they gained a good chunk of yards on the ground.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

I heard on the radio that there are 2-3 guys on their D-Line that are potential late round pick in 2018 draft.I agree, excluding that Jacks RBs fumble in the 1st or 2nd play, they gained a good chunk of yards on the ground.
    The Jacks panicked and went all Big Sky on them... Had they stuck to the run and not fumbled repeatedly and put themselves in 3rd and a mile, would have been totally different game. One of the worst game plans and execution I have ever seen

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talk about real, this thread is to real. Blow your mind real!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Heard on the radio? Why didnt you just call your buddies in the NFL?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."