Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Default Re: The Real JMU vs NDSU thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    I don't know how close it will be. I certainly thought that SDSU and JMU would be a fun game and it turned into a laugher. It is certainly possible that it will come down to the last 5 minutes. But if NDSU plays like they did against SDSU--or if JMU plays like they did against SDSU--it could be over quickly. Yet NDSU has outscored their opponents by an average margin of 42-9 giving up 2 touchdowns and 3 fieldgoals against a couple really solid offensive teams during these playoffs. JMU had a much harder set of opponents but was not nearly as dominant only winning one game by more than 14 points. The truth is we don't really know how the game will turn out. If NDSU can do to JMU what they have done to the last couple good offenses they MIGHT be able to pull out a big victory. But if JMU forces Stick to throw the ball down field to try to get back into the game we could be looking at a blow-out the other way.

That isn't to say it WON'T be a close game. But that at this point we really don't know. If I had to guess I think that the margin of victory will be between 10-17 points. But that is just a guess at this point. Not a blow out. But not a real nailbiter like so many are predicting.
    ES throwing the ball is not a death kiss. lots of gaps for our TEs if jmu sells out to stop the run

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    ES throwing the ball is not a death kiss. lots of gaps for our TEs if jmu sells out to stop the run
    You may be right. Maybe there will be some seem passes to a TE, perhaps on a seem route. I will take it if ES can complete it. It could make their defense honest.

I can more easily imagine, though lots of play-action and then hitting a TE on a really short pass or a RB in the flat. Lots of screens. That sort of thing.

One word: Wheel Route

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    You may be right. Maybe there will be some seem passes to a TE, perhaps on a seem route. I will take it if ES can complete it. It could make their defense honest.

I can more easily imagine, though lots of play-action and then hitting a TE on a really short pass or a RB in the flat. Lots of screens. That sort of thing.
    ES pass completion ratio is like 68%. his long ball is on target. nothing wrong with his game. having safeties bite up invites the long ball middle of the field

Anyone have any injury updates?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Anyone have any injury updates?
    My back hurts.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    My back hurts.
    So does mine...and the likelihood of me playing Saturday is 'not' good.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    One word: Wheel Route

One word: Two words.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    So does mine...and the likelihood of me playing Saturday is 'not' good.
    Let's list you as questionable just to keep them guessing.

Most of the articles I've read the past couple days have folks choosing JMU as winner in close game. Going to make the Bison win on Saturday even sweeter!