Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Forecast Update

Default Re: Frisco Forecast Update

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Was at the '86 Augustana game - probably the most fun I've had... guys were sliding down headfirst down the aisles and, by the second half, we all were comfortable. Kinda looked like the second half at ISU-R was a little more comfortable too.

Around 14 at game time, wind speed was >30 mph.
    I was there great time, but had to leave at 3rd to go to work...

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Yeah, but was Road there? (purple)
    If anyone has video o f road sliding down the aisles head first they need to post it. (Purple I think)

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Here's the updated weather forecast from the NCAA:

They need to show the "Chance of Streamers"

Updated the first post.

Accuweather went down 10 degrees on the expected high. Also looks like it might be breezy.

Well, compared to the weather this weekend in North Dakota, Frisco is going to feel damn near tropical!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I tend to read the weather forecast discussions that come out twice a day instead of the specific forecast for the day. This one is interesting from this morning.

By the weekend the upper level pattern will become more zonal and a developing Pacific storm system will bring southerly winds and gulf moisture northward. When the rich moisture tries to dislodge the cool air near the surface it looks like we will contend with cloudy, cool, damp, and possibly foggy conditions next weekend.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is some science to stay warm. I know science doesnt bwlong here, but. On myth busters they found when your core is kept warm your body heats your hands and feet. When your body is cold it pulls heat from limbs to protect the core. I use some hand warmers or atick on warmers around my back or stomach. I can be out in the cold for long periods and feel great for 5 bucks top.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

I had Rob Kupec as a classmate a few years ago in graduate school. I asked him how weather forecasting is different today than in the past. He said, and I have followed this and he is probably pretty right, in the past it was considered really good if you could get it right about 3 days out. With today's equipment and techniques, meteorologists are predicting 10 days out with way over 90+% accuracy.

I just looked up next Saturday. Kickoff around 43 and get to around 48, at best. It will feel like high 30s to low 40s. That seems about right for 4 of the 5 years down there.

What’s the weather going to be like next weekend in Grand Forks.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Here is some science to stay warm. I know science doesnt bwlong here, but. On myth busters they found when your core is kept warm your body heats your hands and feet. When your body is cold it pulls heat from limbs to protect the core. I use some hand warmers or atick on warmers around my back or stomach. I can be out in the cold for long periods and feel great for 5 bucks top.
    I put the fireball in my stomach to stay warm... SCIENCE!