Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Forecast Update

Default Re: Frisco Forecast Update

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    when I lived in DFW I had to commute from Lewisville/Flower Mound to Fort Worth.. I think I counted I drove over 30 to 40 bridges.. some big ones and a lot of small ones that went over creeks/rivers. They don't winter weather budgets for roads as this weather only happens a couple of times a year.
    I drove through Kentucky once during a blizzard and there were cars all over the place. I was in my Outback with snow tires and got pulled over. The cop said I was scaring the hell out of people. Not only were there are lot of cars without winter tires, there were a lot without even all-season radials.

I have to think you would see all-season tires in DFW area, but if not, just the slightest amount of freezing on the roads and it would make for very difficult driving. Plus like you said, no investment in anti-freeze on the bridges. I am sure there are not a lot of people even in the FM area that know a lot of the bridges here have anti-freeze sprinkler systems on them.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I drove through Kentucky once during a blizzard and there were cars all over the place. I was in my Outback with snow tires and got pulled over. The cop said I was scaring the hell out of people. Not only were there are lot of cars without winter tires, there were a lot without even all-season radials.

I have to think you would see all-season tires in DFW area, but if not, just the slightest amount of freezing on the roads and it would make for very difficult driving. Plus like you said, no investment in anti-freeze on the bridges. I am sure there are not a lot of people even in the FM area that know a lot of the bridges here have anti-freeze sprinkler systems on them.
    You mean the system that is constantly being worked on?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was in the DFW area this week and they were putting down salt brine on all the bridges and major highways in anticipation of winter weather which does mean ice or minor snow there. Not sure if any of the smaller roads were getting any saline love, though (probably not).

Any rain, not necessarily freezing in Dallas causes oil to come from the roads and they get slippery for the locals driving anyway. Not necessarily for tourists...

It was the same thing in Portland where it only snows on average once or twice a year with a few days of freezing rain most winters. One time I had to help push a BMW out of the way to get to my wife's office when tire chains were required to be on the roads and she was probably running some kind of summer tires. Just look how crappy some people up here drive in the first snow and then realize that most people in Dallas don't drive in snow or ice more than once in a typical winter.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I have become very soft after Guam and now Hawaii. It gets down to 65 here sometimes and my wife and I are freezing.
    Gets to 65 in my house and my wife thinks she's going to die!, well to be fair it's been -20 the past couple days. When is the last time we were above 0?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Just a thought I remember the Towson game seems they were talking lower 50s and wind up to about 4-5 days before. Ended up being the nicest chipper weather so far? There have been some really nice days prior to game day the 2 years we were there #1 & #3.

Has Oklahoma purchased any salt trucks or snow plows yet?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Just a thought I remember the Towson game seems they were talking lower 50s and wind up to about 4-5 days before. Ended up being the nicest chipper weather so far? There have been some really nice days prior to game day the 2 years we were there #1 & #3.

I remember wearing shorts on Friday before the 1st one. The JSU game seemed like the coldest. The rest are a blur.

The other problem with the game starting at 11 is that the high for the day won't be until after the game is over.

I remember wearing shorts on Friday before the 1st one. The JSU game seemed like the coldest. The rest are a blur.

The other problem with the game starting at 11 is that the high for the day won't be until after the game is over.
    Friday of the first one we pulled into the hotel, it was 72 degrees.
    At 70 and above I drink gin and tonics. I had 2 with my oysters.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans