Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Dues and contributions

Default Re: Team Maker Dues and contributions

I will have to see but I think I would benefit doing a every other rotation. One year itemize, one year standard. Load up my donations in the itemize year. I will have to see what I can do with SALT and what the rules are going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    How much difference remains to be seen... it will make a difference there is no way it doesn’t . To the people that give 500 or a thousand it may not even be worth writing off anyway... for the people giving 5k or 10k or even more... this may become a huge issue... so to say it will make no difference is absolutely ignorant
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Those are the exact people looking for write offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’d say your dead wrong.. the reason you have that ability is because your always paying attention to these things
    It's hard to say. It played right it's possible to see more donations. People who can afford those kind of donations will be paying dramatically less in taxes. Corporate tax is down 14%. Small business will save 20% on pass through income and individual will be taxed at the lower rate. May amount to over 10 grand in pocket for every 100k. What I would be curious to see is if it effects the timing of donations. How will it change the behavior of random business vs local businesses

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It's only going to affect the people who previously itemized and I vaguely recall my tax gal saying I'd have to donate $12,500 to come out ahead by itemizing prior to this change. I don't see this having a huge impact on donations.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We'll be playing tax games every year as always, just new ones. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I am no accountant nor a tax person, but one thing I know is that many if not most people who make 6 figures and up, end up using the alternative-minimum-tax route, and that limits charitable/medical deductions, but in the end you pay less federal income tax. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    We'll be playing tax games every year as always, just new ones. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    And by next year there will work arounds and other options when things get recharacterized. Cant wait!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I am no accountant nor a tax person, but one thing I know is that many if not most people who make 6 figures and up, end up using the alternative-minimum-tax route, and that limits charitable/medical deductions, but in the end you pay less federal income tax. Just a thought.
    AMT never reduced anyone's taxes. It was a supplemental tax designed to increase tax liability that was otherwise lower due to deductions, credits, etc.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Charitable deductions do not impact alt min tax. Taxpayers run into alt min tax in higher income tax states (Minnesota) or higher real estate tax situations (Minneapolis). ND residences typically don't run into AMT. I start to see amt in Minnesota clients at the 200k range.

It also depends on income mix. Doctor makes $500k of wages, no AMT, investor has $300k of capital gains, might be in AMT.

I don't feel like starting a new topic so I'll just put this question in here.

Isn't there a website where you can order Team Makers shirts and jackets? I'm thinking about buying a new winter jacket and haven't seen much I like at the bookstore or Scheels.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I don't feel like starting a new topic so I'll just put this question in here.

Isn't there a website where you can order Team Makers shirts and jackets? I'm thinking about buying a new winter jacket and haven't seen much I like at the bookstore or Scheels.
    This is what I was told when I asked.
    Buy whatever you like and have scheels embroider it. I was not happy about this at first but they do great work and are not that expensive.
    I have had two duffles, shirts, and a vest done there.
    Next up are mittens. And you do not have to buy it there.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans